Chapter Fifteen: Ghost of Our Love

The early morning sun streamed through the window in the Great Hall casting rays of light on Sebastian's tired face. Sebastian sat alone at the end of the Slytherin table picking at a blueberry scone. As expected, he hadn't slept a wink last night.

He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He had been the first one here this morning, but now there were a smattering of students sitting at the Ravenclaw table whispering amongst themselves.

He was taking another bite of his scone when someone approached him from behind.

"Good morning," Damien said in greeting, unexpectedly sitting beside him on the long bench. He set down a plate of steaming hot bacon.

It was a good thing no other Slytherins were here. They would not be pleased to know a Ravenclaw had joined him for breakfast.

"I was hoping to see you today," Sebastian replied, addressing Damien with a tinge of guilt in his voice. "Are you alright?"

"Perfectly fine. Although, it seems like Ominis isn't exactly fond of me," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"My apologies. I should have known he'd find out that I showed the Undercroft to you."

"Did he give you a hard time?"

Sebastian swiped a piece of bacon from Damien's plate. "Nothing I couldn't handle."

"Oh, by all means," Damien responded with a chuckle.

Sebastian grinned back with a full mouth. "Don't mind if I do."

"What are you up to tonight?" Damien inquired, breaking off a piece of Sebastian's scone and popping it in his mouth in reprisal.

"Astronomy, then catching up on some assignments, I suppose. Why do you ask?"

Damien lowered his voice conspiratorially. "Are you up for an adventure?"

"An adventure, eh?"

"Yes, I found an old map in the Owlery awhile back, and I've been wanting to follow it. I think it leads into the Forbidden Forest."

"Another map? Intriguing. Where do you find these things?" Sebastian asked cheekily.

"Oh, you know. Lying around."

Sebastian laughed. "You seem to have a knack for stumbling into adventure, like a Niffler to shiny objects."

"A what?"

"Hmm, I suppose we haven't studied Nifflers in Care of Magical Creatures yet. Professor Howin is slacking. You're friendly with Poppy, right?"

He nodded. 

"Ask her some time. I'm sure she has one she can introduce you to. She's probably named it and everything." Sebastian chuckled, then rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "But in regards to the map, I'm certainly up for an adventure if you are."

Damien grinned back at him. "Great, meet at the entrance of the Forbidden Forest at midnight?"

"It's a date," Sebastian joked, noticing as they spoke that a group of older Slytherins had wandered over to the table and were glaring in their direction. "You should probably go," he said, grabbing another slice of bacon off Damien's plate.

Damien slapped his hand, but not quickly enough. "Right. See you tonight."

Sebastian watched Damien head over to the Ravenclaw table and sit down. Shortly thereafter, Imelda crossed Sebastian's line of sight, directly followed by Ominis, his wand outstretched.

"A Ravenclaw at the Slytherin table? Scandalous," Imelda drawled as she sat down beside Sebastian, taking Damien's place.

"Morning, Imelda. Ominis," Sebastian said, ignoring her comment.