Chapter 16 - Period

During breakfast, the stomach pain started to kick in. "You okay?" Newt asked once he saw my face.

"Fine." I snapped. Newt pulled a face. "Sorry." I quickly apologized for snapping.

"Do you want to sleep?" Newt carefully questioned.

"I said I would be fine." I blurted it out before even thinking. Once I realized the mood I was in, I palmed my face.

"Alright," Newt muttered before sighing and getting up. "I better go. See ya." He gave me a quick kiss before leaving.

"Go to your hut," Liana ordered.

"No," I replied but then winced in pain. "Fine." I finally said. I didn't have to work anyways, so I didn't have anything else to do.

Once I arrived in our hut and wanted to sit on the bed, I saw a bug moving on the ground. Out of reaction, I stepped on it so it would die, but then I realized what I did. I killed an animal. I was an awful person.

I burst out in tears and started sobbing on the pillow, wetting it.

"Love, are you okay?" Someone asked from outside.

"Aren't you supposed to work, Newt?" I sniffed before sobbing loudly again. Newt didn't reply and walked into our hut. "Woah." He looked at my wet cheeks for a few seconds before sitting down next to me. "What's wrong?"

"I killed-." Sob. "A bug." Another sob. "I feel so bad, Newt." I cried and wrapped my arms around Newt, letting the tears fall onto his shoulder.

Once I let go, Newt stared at me in confusion, his eyebrows furrowed deeply. "It's just a bug, love." He chuckled.

"But I killed it!" I cried out and buried my head in the pillow again. "I'm so bad."

"You're not bad, Nora." Newt chuckled.

"It's not funny." I pouted but then winced in pain again. I bent down to my stomach. The pain I felt was almost unbearable. I didn't get why I suddenly got those bad cramps and mood swings. Normally I never got that.

Newt hesitantly wrapped his arm around me. I groaned and let out some cries into Newt's chest. Suddenly I felt Newt's hand move under my shirt, on my stomach. My breathing hitched when his warm hand touched me.

"Are you okay with this?" Newt asked. I nodded, still in pain. "Does it help?"

"Not really, but it's nice." I smiled lightly. "I'll try to sleep now, thank you."

Newt helped me put on some other clothes and lay me down in the bed. He moved the blanket on top of my whole body before sitting down on the bed.
"What can I do for you?"

I shrugged. "Nothing." I bit my lip at the cramps again. It was like someone kept stabbing me in my stomach over and over again.

"No, tell me what I can do. What do I bring you? Food?" Newt rubbed his chin.

"You don't have to bring anything, Newt." I groaned and closed my eyes.

"But I want to help." Newt didn't give up.

"You need to work."

"Not before I make sure you feel alright."
I sighed, knowing that Newt couldn't do anything to make the cramps go away. No one could change it.
"I'll bring you something to eat and..." Newt paused. "And those things you use." He quickly said, getting up from the bed. "Don't you dare leave! I'll be back in a minute!"

~

Just like Newt said, not even five minutes later he came back. His face was bright red from the running he did, most likely.