XXXI | E ku'u aloha

The ocean's song was a blend of the large waves crashing against the shore

The ocean's song was a blend of the large waves crashing against the shore. It created a calm background for Karmine as she began her morning yoga. The crashing waves enhanced her concentration. The ultimate effect was the combination of her peace and relationship with nature, allowing her to pose with ease.

The warm sun peeked through the clouds and cast a golden glow on her, while the ocean's song sang in the distance. The morning air made her feel refreshed, centered, and grounded. She was connected to the beauty of her surroundings.

It's been almost a year since the yoga retreat, and Karmine has fallen in love with the simple exercise. Her level of intensity has changed since then. She was at the advanced-intermediate difficulty. Being a cheerleader and familiar with the fundamentals of tumbling, her body was already equipped and constructed to handle the pull and tension that yoga required.

Each pose was performed with precision, stabilized by her concentration. The practice of yoga was rejuvenating yet calming. She synchronized her breathing with the rhythm of her movements, all while basking in the morning air.

It's been about two and a half months since Karmine was found not guilty and the move to Hawaii. The initial plan was for them to leave right after court was over. But Kar said she wasn't leaving until Amari's prom and graduation. No matter what she was going through, her little sister deserved her support. So she and her family left at the end of May after celebrating Amari's big accomplishments.

"They say never trust a big butt and a smile." Judah spoke with a hint of rasp in his voice.

Karmine's body was currently flat and pressed against the mat as she was on all fours. Her knees were spread wide against the mat with her toes touching. She was striking the wide child's pose. The pose caused her to sit her hips back onto her heels and reach her arms forward, stretching out.

Before Judah had even made his presence known, Karmine felt him. She laughed, breaking the pose. She brought her body up, staying in the all-fours position, and looked over her shoulder—locking eyes with her Bear. A hint of mischief was floating through her orbs. Judah stared at her with deep admiration. He darted the tip of his tongue out to lick his pink lips before biting the bottom one.

"Are you just gonna stand there or get behind me and help?" Karmine teased as she smirked.

Judah shook his head and drew his hand back before sending a hard smack to her butt. A loud hiss escaped her lips. The impact was harder than she had anticipated.

"No, I'm not helping because our parents are up cooking breakfast earlier than usual. Yoga or not, this is a bad position for us to be caught in. Finish up and meet us in the kitchen, pretty girl." Judah squatted, claiming her lips as her own. Kar grinned into the kiss before pulling away.

Ten to twenty minutes later, Karmine was stepping across the threshold of the back door. She tossed her yoga mat to the side and planted her feet, bracing for impact. Ten to twenty seconds later, the Harrington twins were attacking her legs. She laughed and scooped them both up, nuzzling her face into their necks, making them giggle.