Chapter 11: The Get Down

Jakari's POV:
I was at one of the stash houses, discussing the plan with my boys to run up on KD's crew. It was important to me that everything had been executed perfectly because even though I'm not dead, that nigga almost had me dead and that ain't just gone sit with me.

"Aight, so we gone go in just normal. Ain't nobody gone know what moves we'll be making in the process" I explained to the guys. 50 jumped in, " Yeah, and just act normal. Like your there to have a good time" he looked over at Bam and nudged him with a smirk on his face.

"Mhmm" I rolled my eyes. "Don't be havin too much fun though. Remember what your there for". Once I give the signal, we gone get poppin immediately with no hesitation. Me and 50 will handle Tyre, J moe and Bam handle KD. Trent and the rest of you will  keep and eye out for anything else".

"Everyone got it?" I looked around. Different people said "Yeah" or "Yeah boss".

"Aight, we'll regroup here around 8, the club opens at 9 so we'll have the rest of the day to get things together, get anything you need for the get down" I nodded.

Soon everyone left but my main homies stayed. "I hope this plan goes the way it's supposed to" Trent said. "It has to. I'm getting back at this nigga one way or another. That nigga KD get away with too much shit. He definitely ain't getting away with this". Trent nodded.

"Well what if it fails. We have to have another plan" J moe shrugged. "Why y'all niggas keep sayin what if? Ain't no what if" Bam said. Bam was always a nigga that was down with everything the first time. He never second guessed himself. That's why I fuck with him.

"We just tryna look out for you boss, nun to get all hyped about" Trent said. "I understand that, and I thank y'all for stayin up for real but, we can't be second guessin. This shit gone work, trust".

"Aight". After that short conversation, I heard my phone ring. It was Dior. Of course I immediately answered as soon as I saw who it was.

"Wassup baby" I smiled through the phone. I was just excited to finally hear her voice. "Hey boo, how did the meeting go?" She asked. "Some slight. Everything is set for tonight". "That's good. I was just calling to tell you that I missed you and that I'm also throwing a surprise party for Henny. Her birthday is coming up in a week".

"I miss you too, and ok that's wassup" I nodded. "Mhmm so let the guys know and make sure you tell them it's a SURPRISE. You know J moe can never keep his mouth shut about shit". I laughed, "I got you baby". "Kk! Well call me when everything is handled". "Ok, bye". "Bye".

Ughhh I missed her so much. I miss her voice, her touch, her lips, that puss- oops sorry intrusive thoughts. I just couldn't wait to get everything handled because in reality, I was doing this for her.
————————————————————————————
Dior's POV:
When I got off the phone with Kari a hundred and one thoughts filled my mind. I was back to worrying about him. Not just him but the boys too. I mean will this plan actually go through? Or will he get shot again?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. I went to open it. It was Berkeley. "Hey pretty girl" he said waving. "Mr- Mr.B what are you doing here?" I didn't expect him to show up un-announced.

"I just thought I'd pay you a visit. You know since Jakari has woken up and is going to risk his life again. I wanted to give you company". My eyebrows dipped down. "Umm, that's nice and all but I have my best friend for all that. Thanks for coming though". I started to close my door but all of a sudden his foot ended up in the crack not allowing me to close it.

"Are you sure? I don't mind" he said with an underlying tone. "I'm sure" I said. Eventually I closed the door with a light slam. I turned and leaned on the door with my hand on my head.