Chapter Thirty

Natalia's POV

I was going to Midgard to deliver the Avenger's invitations to the celebration. I decide to walk today, while it is quite a walk, it's quite pleasant sometimes.

I walk through town with a smile. Children run through the streets, people talk happily, and the suns shine.

I come to the bridge and walk along the opaque surface. The colors run through and it's quite beautiful.

I make it to the end and enter the BiFrost.

"Princess Natalia, how may I be of service?" Hiemdall asks.

"Send me to New York," I say. He nods and thrusts the sword into the alter.

The familiar light engulfs me and I'm standing in a small space between the buildings. People rush by on the street.

I see no one paying much mind to me and I use my magic to summon an outfit of Midgardian standards. It's a pair of tight, black pants and a baggy maroon sweater. At least, Natasha said it was a sweater. I'm still trying to understand Midgard terms.

The sweater hangs loose on my shoulders and the straps of my thinner shirt underneath show. I look down to see a pair of maroon heels. I think this will be adequate. I grab my satchel and walk out on to the streets.

I look around and notice I'm not to far out from Stark's tower. I brush past people and make my way inside. I walk up to a woman at the desk and she looks up at me.

"How may I help you?" She ask politely.

"Yes. I'd like to deliver something. It goes to Mr. Stark," I say. She nods and I hand her the invitation.

"May I get a name?" She asks.

"Natalia," I answer and walk out the building.

I almost run right into Natasha on my way out, but we both have better reflexes than that.

"I should of known it was you," She says and places a finger on her ear, "It's just Natalia, come down."

"Hello Natasha. How did you find me?" I ask.

"Shield received an alien energy signature, Clint and I were sent to check it out." She says and Clint joins us a second later.

"Hello Clint. How are you?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Alright now. Thanks," He says and I smile back.

"Should you two be on an assignment?" I ask.

"After the attack, we're taking a break." Natasha tell me.

I pull out two invitations, "How about a celebration?"

They take them and study the paper. Their eyes widen.

"Your inviting us to Asgard?" Clint asks with disbelief written clearly on his face.

"Yes. It's a grand celebration of our victory," I say.

"Really? And you're inviting us?" Natasha questions.

"Of course, you played a great roll in Thanos's down fall," I say.

"Let's talk somewhere else. Natalia, have you ever had coffee?" Natasha asks.

"No, what is coffee?"

We were entering a small shop on a corner of the city. As we walked I could still see some of the destruction caused by the battle.

I sit with Natasha as Clint gets the drinks.

"What will we wear? I doubt my dresses are to Asgard's standards," Natasha says with a smirk. I laugh.

"Jane and I will assist you. Everything will be alright." I reassure her.

Clint sits back with three cups, he hands one to me. I cautiously take a sip, it's rather bitter but it still has a delightful taste.

"This is quite good," I say.

Clint nods, "I run off the stuff sometimes."

"So what is Asgard like?" Natasha presses on.

"It's beautiful. It's gold and grand. It's said to be the most gorgeous realm," I say.

"I don't think this is out kind of scene," Clint says.

"It'll be fine. I promise," I say.

"What about the others?" Natasha asks me.

"Oh yes!" I pull out the remaining ones and hand them to her, "Do you think you could get these to them?"

She nods, "I think I'll manage."

We finish with our drinks and we throw them in the garbage. We walk out of the quaint shop and continue down the streets.

"How are your people doing?" I ask.

"Everyone is a bit shaken up, but we'll manage." Clint says.

"I'm sorry Asgard's affairs got cast down on to your realm," I apologize.

"It's fine. He would of eventually come after us anyway. It would've been a lot harder if your weren't here," Natasha says.

"Speaking of which, how are you?" Clint asks me.

"I'm surprisingly alright. A bit sore, but happy. We've made the universe a much safer place," I say. They nod.

"True, true." Natasha says.

We walk down the streets, sometimes we would have to take a different route to get past barriers where people were working.

New York, yet again, was in disarray. I felt horrid. These people suffered at the hand of our mistakes. Natasha must of noticed my crestfallen look because she bumped into me.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. You couldn't have prevented anymore then we could." She says.

"I could have. I had a change to kill Thanos and I failed. He almost killed me instead," I say.

"That's not your fault. Sometimes our best just isn't enough." Clint says.

"Thank you both, you've been very kind." I say.

"Anytime," Natasha says and Clint nods. 

We make it back to the alleyway in which I first arrived.

"I'll see you in two weeks time," I say.

"See you then," Clint says.

"Hiemdall! Open the BiFrost!" I yell and the light engulfs me yet again.

I land in the familiar sphere if the BiFrost and Hiemdall looks to me.

"Was your trip satisfactory?" He asks.

"Yes, thank you." I say. He nods to me.

I walk out back on to the bridge, making my way to the palace.   

---------------------------------------------

Yay the Avengers are coming!!!

I've been meaning to say:

THANK YOU!!!!

The votes, comments, and reads have been AMAZING!!!