Chapter Twelve

Loki's POV

I had just left from Natalia's room because I could see she was tired. I was now starring at my ceiling trying to sleep. I feel my eyes get heavy and I drift away.

My eyes fly open as I hear a gut wrenching scream echo through the halls. My blood turns cold as I pin point it as Natalia's voice. I leap up and run to her room and I see her in her bed. Her back arching as if she was in great pain. I jump to her side and shake her awake. She flies up and is breathing hard. She sees me and clings to me.

"H-he was going-" She stutters

"Shhh, it was just a dream," I say and stroke her hair.

Thor and Jane run into the room, Natalia pulls back.

"Oh did I wake you all? I'm so sorry, it was just a nightmare. I'm-"

"Hey, don't worry about it," Jane says. She and Thor leave again. I settle her back into bed and turn to leave. She grabs my wrist.

"P-please stay," She whispers.

I turn and smile at her and climb into bed with her. I pull her into my arms. She curves into me and I soon feel her breathing steady. I soon feel myself drifting off.

Natalia's POV

I wake up, try and sit up but something keeps me down. I turn over and I see Loki. I try to move his hand off me but his grip tightens. I sigh and use my magic to teleport out of bed. Loki shifts slightly but doesn't wake. I get ready for the day by slipping into a strapless green and gold dress and letting my hair down in natural waves. I feel hands on my waist and flinch. I calm down when I feel Loki's cool lips on my shoulder.

"Morning love," He says, his voice low from sleep.

"Morning, how are you?" I ask. He hits a spot on my neck and I shiver. He chuckles at my reaction.

"Fine. What are we going to do today?" He asks.

"I'm unsure any ideas?" I ask, sliping from his grip and walking to my window.

"How about I take you to the stables?" He asks.

"Oh that sound grand, but now I need to change. So leave," I say.

"No I think I'd rather stay."

"Leave," He laughs and teleports away.

I go into my wardrobe and pick out a new dress. It is a halter dress with material going up to my neck. It is gold and comes down to about mid-thigh. I place my long hair in a high pony tail and even that goes to about waist level. I grab riding boots and slip them on. I go out into the hall way and walk to the gardens. I get outside and not far from where I am I see the stable.

I go into the stables and horse after beautiful horse. An empty one catches my eye, why is one empty? But upon further inspection I see the horse laying down. Thats not good, it sees me and whines pitifully. It is a chestnut color with white spots and brown hair. I go into the stall and approach carefully. It starts to move around as if afraid but I get to my knees and crawl to it. I pick up its head and place it in my lap. He tries to resist but is too weak to fight.

My hands turn golden and I place them on the chestnut horse and try to heal it. It squirms a bit but mostly stays still. I bring my hands back, hoping it worked. He picks up his head and rolls onto his stomach. And with shaky legs, stands up in his stall. He neighs happy and snuggles his head up to me. I pet him gently.

"No one has been able to get near him," I hear behind me and I whip around. Loki is leaning against the door way.

"Really? He's such a sweetheart," I say and pat him.

"Normally he bites everyone, he sort of likes me. But he seems to love you," Loki laughs.

"Well I'm honored. Whats his name?" I ask.

"Modiga, it means brave. He went to battle, but his rider was killed. He'd been very wild since," Loki explained.

"I like it. Where is your horse?" I ask while petting Modiga. Loki goes father back into the stable and comes out with a sleek golden horse with a black mane.

"This is Skjebne (Sheb- na). It means destiny. She is a very loyal horse," He says with a small laugh.

We saddle up the horses and head out to the more free-ranged side of Asgard. We get to a large open field and I look over to Loki. He gives me a mischievous grin before speeding ahead. I laugh and urge Modiga faster. We are speeding across the countryside as the sun starts to set. We stop the horses and sit on the grass, watching the sky turn gold. I lean against Loki as the stars come up. He points out some of the constellations and other planets in the sky. I start to doze off on Loki, he chuckles and picks me up. He places me on the front of his horse and ties Modiga to Shjebne. He climbs up behind me and reaches around to grab the reins. We start to head back and I curl up best I can against Loki's chest.

"Loki?" I ask softly.

"Yes dear?" He looks down at me.

"I love you," I say and shut my eyes.

"And I you," He says and kisses the top of my head as I fall asleep.

---------------------------------------------

Aww!

FEEDBACK  please!

See you Wednesday!