Chapter Twenty-Five

Loki's POV

Natalia had just teleported away. I sat in her training room, catching my breath. But what really made me happy is that, when we were sparring, I saw happiness in her eyes. She didn't look so broken. I think I've almost got her back together. She'll be perfect once again.

I laugh to myself and stand. I teleport to my chambers and get ready for lunch. I change to my daily wear and smooth my hair out. I leave and I see Natalia turning the corner ahead of me. She sees me and just before she disappears from sight she winks at me and turns the corner. I smirk.

I make it to the dining hall and I take my seat next to Natalia and at the head of the table. Lunch is served and everyone eats happily. Jane and Natalia talk amongst themselves. Thor looks at me.

"Brother, do you think you'll marry the princess?" He asks me and I almost choke.

"Uh. I-I haven't really put a lot of thought in that," I admit.

"Ah, well. One day brother," He says. I smile.

"Maybe Thor."

A guard rushes in the door and comes up to me.

Natalia's POV

A guard rushes In the door and goes up to Loki. He whispers something and Loki's eyes widen. He looks at me and gets up and follows the guard.

I teleport outside and follow them at a distance. They stop and I duck behind a column.

"Are you sure?" Loki asks.

"Yes. Hiemdall told us himself your highness," He says.

"Alright. Dismissed," The guard bows and walks away.

"Natalia?" Loki calls out softly. I come out of hiding.

"Whats wrong?" I ask.

"Thanos has attacked Midgard. What do we do?" He asks.

"I'm not sure," I say.

"They can deal with it on their own. They don't deserve our help," Loki says.

"I know they hurt me, but we cannot let all humans suffer because of a select few." I say.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks, I nod

Loki sighs, "Alright, I'll get Thor."

Loki leaves and I summon my armor. Loki comes back with Thor in full battle armor.

"Are you sure about this Natalia?" Thor asks me.

"I'm really uncertain Thor, but there are many people in need."

We leave and ride the horses to the Bifrost. Hiemdall sees us.

"My Lords and Lady. Where is your destination?" Hiemdall asks.

"Stark Tower in New York, of Midgard." Thor says. Hiemdall nods and pushes the sword into the podium.

Loki holds on to me as a bright flash shines over head and I feel myself moving at great speed. I hold onto Loki tightly. The light vanishes and we are on the roof of Stark Towers.

Everyone appears out of an elevator. Their faces register shock when they see us. Natasha smiles. I hug her. She never did anything to hurt me. I then walk up to Tony and hit him in the jaw. He falls and Loki laughs. I hear and explosion in the distance.

I am suddenly tackled to the ground by Loki just before a Chi'tari flies over us.

"Thats our issue! There are so many more than last time!" Clint says.

"Where is Thanos?" Thor asks.

"He is located on top of the Empire state building. He has the tesseract and is using it to power the atmospheric devise," Bruce tells me.

"Well we must stop him," The mask activates on my head piece and I summon my blade.

"Alright Captain, got a plan?" Tony asks.

"Thor, see if you can stop the atmospheric device from activating. I want Tony and Clint to watch the skies, they don't leave the city. Bruce, smash. Natalia and Loki, see if you can contain Thanos to some extent and get civilians to safety. Romanoff and I will stay in the street. Go!" Everyone scatters off.

Loki looks at me and smirks. He then looks to some the Chi'tari. I smirk back, I know what he is thinking. He runs and leaps off the roof. I run to the edge. I see him fighting with some o the Chi'tari. He throws the last one off and takes control. He flies back up to me and I jump on. I hold onto him as he flies through the city. We fly over and come to a group of people with Chi'tari closing in. My face mask summons and I call for my wrist blades. I jump down onto the first Chi'tari and slice it's neck open. I summon my large blade and slash at the next one. I jump down to try and stall for the humans to get to safety.

Everything was going relatively to plan, Loki and I where doing well.

"Duck!" I hear behind me and I drop the the ground.

A blade flies overhead, landing itself into one of the Chi'tari. I stand up and get back to back with Loki.

A large group surrounds us. "What now?" I ask.

"We improvise," Loki smirks at me.

I smile and summon throwing blades. I whip around and stab one, only to use it's body to block the shot of another. I use magic to throw the first body onto one about to fire.

I turn to see Loki fighting off a group of his own. He downs the last one and we stop to regain our strength.

I hear a screech and turn, a large mutant was headed out way. It was twice the size of the regular soldiers and had four arms. It screeched again and bared its horrid fangs at us.

It hit us and we went flying, assuming us dead, it turned away. Loki helps me up.

"Throw me," I order him. He nods and gets in position.

I run and him and jump, my foot landing in his hands. He launches me up at the beast and I summon my long, curved blade.

I cry out and sink the blade into the back of the beast's throat. It screeches in pain and slowly falls to the ground. I climb off and walk back over to Loki.

"I'm unsure on how much more I can handle," I tell him.

"That's not the worst. It's just strange, I haven't heard-" He's cut off by a mighty roar that shakes the planet itself.

"Brace yourself," He says.

---------------------------------------------
Yay! Update!

If you live in America, did you say thank you to a Veteran today?

I hope so.