too

CRAIG POV.

As much as I love Fridays, the day drags on so slowly and the kids are always whining because they want to go home. I would rather be home than here too, so at least i'm not vocalizing it.

Clyde spent all of last period talking to Tolkien, at one point Clyde dropped onto the floor and started begging for something. He just kept saying please, and only stopped when the entire class stared at them.

"Craig!" I heard Clyde saying when I walked out of that class and left them when the bell rung.

"Do you wanna come over to Tolkiens today?" He asked when he was next to me.

"Is that what you were begging him for?" I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah! He said I gotta go home for the weekend because apparently i'm always there. Isn't he silly? So I did the only reasonable thing and now we're allowed!" Clyde informed me.

I forget that I need to stop asking Clyde things. He makes the answers a thousand times longer than necessary. A simple 'yes' would've worked just fine.

"Yeah, okay i'll go." We reached my locker by now so I opened it and grabbed what I left in there at the start of the day.

"Epic! Me and Tolkien will be outside!" Clyde said before running down the hallway. I shut my locker, questioning why I chose Clyde over literally anyone else.

I adjusted my backpack on my back and starting walking to the front doors. A few people I used to be friends with waved at me. I didn't even bother looking directly at them.

I got outside and walked up to Tolkien. Clyde wasn't even there yet. Five minutes passed and he still was not here.

Now, me being the naturally impatient person I am, I already wanted to leave Clyde and walk to Tolkien's house myself.

Tolkien did keep grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me backwards every time I tried walking away.

Clyde finally walked out, and he didn't look or have anything special, so I don't get what took him five whole minutes just to get outside. This is probably why he missed the bus so often after school.

"Hey! Sorry I took so long, I was just talking to someone," said Clyde. Tolkien led us to his fancy sports car he drives to school everyday. Most kids take the bus or walk because everyone except Tolkien's family were poor as fuck.

"I call shotgun!" I shouted when he reached the car.

"No way dude!" Clyde told me and tried opening the door before me.

"Accept your fate and move," I told him when I was about to get in. Until Clyde took that extremely personally and grabbed my arm and pulled me back so hard I fell to the floor.

"Front seat's mine, loser! Get in the back," Clyde said before breaking into a fit of laughter. He sat down and locked the door to make sure I didn't steal it back. I gave him the finger before I sat in the back.

"You guys are brutal," Tolkien informed us. Me and Clyde shook our heads because that's one hundred percent fake news.

When we got to Tolkien's house me and Clyde ran inside. We've been here hundred of times but it's kind of amazing going from some tiny shack to Tolkien's giant mansion.

"You guys hungry?" Tolkien asked, catching up to us in the living room.

"I'm always hungry after school. School foods filling for the moment, but as soon as I get home i'm like damn, i'm starving now, did I even eat?" Clyde complained.

"So.. Yes? Okay," Tolkien said uncertainly before backing away into his kitchen.

"You think he's got Minecraft?" Clyde asked, looking through his Xbox disks.