CH. 5: First Day

Lia's POV

It was Monday morning and the day I'll start my new job. I was nervous but excited. I would be starting at Mr. Lee's (Chaeryeong's dad) new business accountant along with another guy that has worked there for years. She was in attendance at my interview and she seemed decent enough...seemed impressed with me. She told Mr Lee I would be her best choice.

I was more nervous in case Chaeryeong was there. She has been texting me on and off all weekend... me? I never replied to her, well that is a lie I sent her one text telling her to fuck off and leave me alone... did she? No, she did not. You would think she would get the hint that I was not interested.

Then again, she is an arrogant idiot telling herself every woman wants her...yeah right the girl needs to get her ego in check. I checked my hair and make-up in my car mirror before heading in to start my day.

I was dressed in my favorite black pantsuit, white blouse and black heels. I had my hair pulled back in a bun, unlike my usual down style But I wanted to look professional.

I took a few deep breaths before heading into the very tall, large building. I was heading to floor fourteen. I will report straight to Mr. Lee's office to go over some things before I get started.

Just as the elevator doors began to close someone stopped them, forcing them back open. "And we meet again." I heard a familiar voice...one I never wanted to hear especially not today

"Seriously Chaeryeong?" I said annoyed as she stepped into the elevator with me

"I am here to see my father." She said I never responded to her. I was not sure if that was the truth or she was here because she knew it was my first day.

Either way, I am not gonna let her get to me. As the elevator doors closed over Chaeryeong stepped in, standing in front of me, placing her hands at each side of my head against the back of the elevator, staring at me with those damn sexy eyes.

"Back the hell up Chaeryeong. There is no need to be this close to me." I groaned out.

"Why not? You like me being this close to you Lia." She smirked

"No, I really don't. You convince yourself that I like it when I really don't. How can I make this any clearer? You and I? that never gonna happen I can see through your bullshit Chaeryeong."I said pushing her away from me.

She chuckled darkly, stepping away from me and standing next to me instead. As we went up, the lift become fuller with people causing Chaeryeong to get closer to me...too close again if you ask me. I decided to completely ignore her, not giving her any sort of rise from me. I have never been in an elevator that takes this long or maybe it feels like it because she is here. I don't know but it feels like it was never-ending. I see out the corner of my eyes Chaeryeong was reaching into my ear.

"Why have you not been texting me back?" she whispered

"I never wanted to...simple as that. I thought I made it clear with the text I did send you?" I said turning to face her. Bad idea with me facing her, now my face was inches from hers. Our lips were too close and I could feel her warm fresh breath into my face. I gulped, having her this close to me not doing any good to my sanity or hormones. Yes, she is a complete jackass but no one can deny she is very attractive.

I am sure any woman this close to her would respond the same way. The difference between them and l? I have a thing called self-control and sense too. It will not gonna work in the long run.

"Lia, just admit that you want me. You are attracted to me because it will save all this, messing around and back and forth. We could be having hot amazing sex instead or whatever this is. Instead of you fighting against the urge you clearly have for me." she whispered.

Could she be any cockier? I laughed, a little louder than I planned when she said that to me, making people look at us. I just flashed my best smile to them, turning away from Chaeryeong.

Eventually, floor by floor people got off and I soon arrived at the floor I was going to. I quick getting out of the elevator...quick to get away from that cocky asshole. I stopped by the reception, saying hello and letting them know I was here and she let Mr. Lee knows, Chaeryeong soon next to me.

"Morning gorgeous." She purred at the reception

"Morning pretty-handsome." She replied winking at her Oh God, not another one she is messing with? I think I need to talk some sense into these women. I rolled my eyes before walking away, leaving the two to flirt and headed to Mr. Lee's office, knocking on the door. "Come in, Lia." He said politely Mr. Lee seemed nice. He was better mannered than his daughter, then again that can't be hard to do with the way Chaeryeong goes on.

"Good Morning Sir. How are you?" I smiled

"Good morning. Oh I am good thank you and yourself?" he asked

"I am good thank you," I said He told me to take a seat, wanting to go over things with me. I was hoping the receptionist would keep Chaeryeong occupied for the time being until at least Mr. Lee sends me to the Business and Accountant department which was just down from his office. I sat listening carefully as he went through things, discussed some of the accounts will be dealing with.

I heard a knock at the door, Chaeryeong soon entering into her father's office.

"Hey, dad." She smiled stealing a quick glance at me

"Good morning, what are you doing here so early?" he asked I knew it. She never comes here at this time to see him. She was only doing it to get to me...jackass!!!!!!

"I woke up early so I decided to stop by seeing if you have time for a coffee?" Chaeryeong asked

''I will be soon. While you are here can I introduce you to our new Accountant Lia." Mr Lee smiled.

"We already met...twice actually," she said, trying her best not to smirk as her eyes fell on me.

"You have?" her dad asked surprised

"Yes. We met at the club, then again in the elevator." She said

"Oh right. Well, no need for introduction then? I am glad you two have met since you are around here a lot Chaeryeong. It will be nice for Lia to know someone." He smiled Yes, Mr Lee. you would not be saying that if you knew exactly what your daughter wanted from me, sure that would be a different story.

"I can give her a tour if you like? Then the three of us can grab coffee, and get to know each other?" Chaeryeong suggested.

Oh God please no... please do not let Mr. Lee agree to this. Please tell me he has work for me to start on straight away?

"Sounds like a great idea. You can give her a proper tour while I make a few calls then we can meet in the break room for a coffee in an hour?" he smiled looking at me I nodded, smiling at him when I really wanted to roll my eyes and tell his damn daughter to stop practically stalking me but that would not be great for my first day here now, would it?

"Sounds good. Shall we go, Lia?" she said sweetly I nodded, getting to my feet and as soon as my back was to Mr. Lee I glared at Chaeryeong who looked at me smugly. God help me, please? I can't believe I am stuck with her again.

This can only end badly.