Eight| 八

Where two more countries find out and a meeting takes place

A/N: I know y'all want to move on to the Taisho period already but there's this thing called plot that I can't bear to mess up. Now, let's see what our beloved countrymen/women are up to.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​​Eighteen weeks. It had been four months and two weeks since ■■■■■■ had gone missing. The world was revolving as usual but things had changed.

For starters, the mysterious vanishing of Demon Slayer from the Internet. The creator of the animanga series had been interrogated but he was very insistent that he never created it. It was a really odd case. How could he remember everything in his life except for the one project that changed it in the first place? Regardless. the poor man faced a lot of backlash for something beyond his control. It got so bad where he was put under protection because of the death threats he received for supposedly deleting the manga. The studio that animated the manga was also put under fire, but no one could answer where it went or what the hell happened. Many people online expressed their pity for all the work that went into the show just for it to disappear.

Moreover, some people began to claim that some of the pages in their manga were blank as if it never happened. If asked what was on those pages, they claimed not to remember. Though this was dismissed as a publicity stunt since a huge number of the population still had their manga intact. The topic was very popular on the Internet, being among the top ten trending in all mainstream social media services.

Conspiracy theorists believed that the so-called hacker that claimed to have targeted the anime was all part of a government scheme. At least, that was the news Nekomi spread with her expert computer skills. A decent term she used to describe literal hacking. She was very bothered by the whole thing, directly feeding more into the crazy theories with the hope of one making sense. Yet, none of that compared to how she felt about her friend's disappearance. If she was there, maybe things would have been fixed once and for all.

Miles away into Europe, in a lonely office in Berlin, sat a tense country. He was preoccupied doing paperwork as usual, but from the number of beer bottles sprawled on his desk and floor, one could tell his mind was far from it. Strangers would presume he was a stressed worker trying to keep up with a schedule. Those closest to him would know it had to do with ■■■■■■ going missing.

Germany leaned back on his chair, clicking his mechanical pen to keep his nerves in check. His hair was unkempt because he kept running his hand through it every minute or two. His papers were more disorganised, which would have annoyed him as he took pride in maintaining order but like his mind, everything was in shambles. His clothes– a classic grey shirt and black trouser with a red tie– looked roughed up as if he got in a fight. Well, he did but it was more on the mental side.

If ■■■■■■ could have seen him right then, she would have scolded the country and forced him to sleep while she arranged his office. She had done that a couple of times when he was down in the dumps until he could manage himself pretty well without burdening the housemaid who used to come once every month.

'But she isn't here to do that now, is she?' He thought bitterly. Placing his pen down, he took a sip of the only beer bottle left with some content inside and got back to writing the report for European Union, who was being a bother. He was the leading country of the union, yet the organization saw himself higher that him. He couldn't complain; it was a silent punishment for ​his crimes.