Fourteen| 十四

Where the narrative begins to change

A/N: Your role in the war has changed things so it might(?) last longer than you expected. English and Japanese are in Italics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

The soldier yelled in Austrian as he tried to run, only for his head to be sliced off from the mouth. Many others met the same fate as they tried to hide from the rampaging monster slaughtering them. Few brave ones continued to shoot at him, losing more hope as they saw it dodge and kill more of their comrades.

Kokushibou was attacking a group of Austro-Hungarian soldiers who were about to hang a family wrongly for 'hiding traitors' and it didn't end well for them. You had helped evacuate the family to safety while more soldiers spawned in retaliation.

While fighting, Kokushibou's scarf fell off his face, revealing his six eyes. In fear, the Austro-Hungarian men began to flee, believing they were facing the devil himself. You were holding off some of them, killing on sight. However, you were slow because your periods had began again.

Your companion was aware that you were normally in a bad mood during that time and your power got weakened. On days like those, you would take a break and avoid any contact from anyone, including him. When asked, you would reply that you were more provoked and didn't want to end up hurting him. At first, he thought it was a bluff.

As you fought those soldiers, however, he realised that you were not joking. Your eyes glowed red in one eye and blue in the other as your annoyance rose per second. After you saw for yourself what they did to Serbian civilians, you got mad. Hence, you took out your anger and pain from your cramps on the poor soldiers.

A sharp throb of pain jolted you out of focus as you fell on your knees, groaning in pain. It was ironic that you withstood many life threatening situations and all kinds of pain yet period cramps was all it took to make you fold. Once again, you envied those who never experienced that kind of pain.

"Eve,I hope that apple was the most scrumptious,finger-licking fruit in existence for making me suffer like this." You grumbled under your breath.

Noticing that the pain was too much for you, Kokushibou dashed to shield you from any attackers, killing so many that the ground was painted red with blood. Still feeling pissed, you forced yourself to stand and impale a man with your blade. In return, he took out his gun and shot your shoulder.

This was possible because the fabric of your bulletproof cloak had shifted a bit, exposing your shoulder to be shot with no problem. Especially at close range.

Hissing in pain, you twisted the blade in his abdomen and tore it out his side, indefinitely ending his life. Kokushibou was by your side, holding you by your other shoulder. His eyes looked at your shoulder then at the dead man at your feet. The pupils contracted when he saw that you weren't healing.

"We are leaving." You tried to protest but he had thrown you over his shoulder. Instead of resisting, you made sure to protect him from behind.

Using your hand, you spend a lot of energy to form a ball of electric energy in your hands and threw it at the soldiers, causing a blast that electrocuted them to death. Taking the scarf, he leaped away into a more secure area, hoping there were no survivors.

Pulling you off his shoulder, he saw that you had healed albeit slowly. Your hands gripped his kimono as the pain overwhelmed you. The hood of your cloak had fallen, revealing your distraught face. It was quite embarrassing for you that he of all people saw you in such a pathetic state.