Chapter 2: Walk

"Mom~ we really should take Nero with us. What if I'm in danger?" Seungmin asked.

"Why would you be in danger when you have me? I can shield you from anything in the world" I told him and he gave me his wide smile.

We first stopped in a flower shop.

"You pick some flowers first, I will answer my phone. I guess it's something important" I told him but he was tightly grabbing my arm.

"Seungmin-ahh ~ what did I tell you to do when I'm not around?" I asked.

"You told me that when I'm in danger I would press this and it will give a loud sound." he started

"And?"

"If I don't see you around then I would use my phone to call you" He stated

"And if I don't answer?" I asked again

"Then I should call uncle Jay, then aunt Mina and if they are still unavailable then I will call 911" he told me

"Good boy... I won't be out long, I will not leave you" I said as I kissed his forehead and he let go of me.

I excused myself and answered the call.

-_-_-_-_-_

"Why are you alone young man?" the woman asked.

"I'm not alone, my mom told me to pick some flowers for my grandparents" he replied.

The woman seems like she didn't understand what the young man said.

"Can't you speak Korean?" she asked but the young man barely understand her.

"He said he's not alone, he's picking flowers for his grandparents" a man said and the kid was amazed.

"You can understand me?" the kid asked.

"Of course! I stayed abroad for three years" he replied and the kid was so amazed by him.

"Did your mother even thought you how to speak Korean?" He asked.

"My mom taught me basic ones, we barely speak Korean in my household." he replied as he was amazed by the carnations.

"Your mom's stupid, you're a Korean but barely speaks Korean. It doesn't make sense" he replied and the boy just look badly at him.

"You're so handsome but why are you rotten inside? You're talking like my mom isn't a good one. My mother is the most loving person I know, she raised me on her own because this father of mine left and never been found" the kid shared which made the man's heart moved.

"Sir, your bouquet is ready" the florist called him.

"If you didn't talk behind my mother's back then I might have asked you to be my father." the kid told him

"You make me laugh kid but I hope to see you again" he said and he take his bouquet.

"By the way what's your name?" He asked.

"My name? I-- I am Evan Mio Kim" he introduced himself to the stranger.

"You don't even have a Korean name? What a shame" the grown man commented

"I do have a Korean name but I won't tell you. We're not that close" the kid said and he cross his arms.

"Then I am Ethan Lee by the way" he replied to him and destroyed the kid's hair.

He went out and saw the lady's back who was fixing her laces. He didn't bother and he just get in his car with his assistant.

They just crossed each other's path but did not see each other's face.

-_-_-_-_-_

"Mom~ you should've come earlier. A bad man was bad mouthing you behind your back" he told me and it made me smile.

"What did you do then?" I asked.

"I told him that he's handsome but he is rotten in the inside" he replied with his sneaky smile and we both made a high five

"Good job!" I said.

"What flowers did you pick?" I asked him.

He pointed at the white and red carnations. He was also amazed by the blue roses.

"Please make two bouquets with these ones" I told the florist and she immediately obeyed.

"What a nice son you have" the owner said and she came out to greet us.

"Of course" I replied.

"He defended you from strangers and have an eye for flowers." she told me.

"Ohh Seungmin is a really intelligent kid, also he wouldn't let anyone talk bad about me. He will even fight those who dare" I told her and Seungmin was looking at the piano.

"Go on, if you want to play then don't be shy" I hold his shoulder and see him walk towards the piano slowly.

"Do you mind ma'am?" I asked her.

"I don't mind, that piano has not been played for years" she told me as she also kept an eye on Seungmin.

"Eomma~ what do you want me to play?" He asked while he was taking a peek.

"Anything you want" I replied.

He started stretching first and sat down. The madam finds him cute though. Her employees took a video of him.

He started playing Golden hour by JVKE.

"Why choosing a difficult one as a start?" I asked.

"Because you're beautiful mom~" he replied and they really find him amazing.

As soon as they finished the bouquet he decided to stop playing.

"You should stay here and attract more buyers" the owner joke around.

"I will not betray my mother because I am all that she has. Right mom?" He looked at me and his words are making me tear up and I just nod.

"He really is indeed an intelligent young man" the owner said and we bid farewell.

We went on our way to my parent's cells.

"I thought we're going to see my grandparents?" He asked.

"Yes we are. Sadly they didn't witness you came out to the world" I told him and we arrived to their cells.

"You must've had bad experiences while growing up" he commented.

I carried him and he was the one who put the flowers to their cells.

"Why would we call it bad experiences? It should be challenges. This challenges made me strong and stand up for myself. If you encounter one then you should be brave and stand up your ground okay?" I asked him and he just hugged me.

"Yes mom! As long as you are always with me I can face anything" he said and he place his cheeks on mine as we look at my parent's cells.

I am doing okay eomma, appa. This is your grandchild, he grew up well. Now I know what it feels like to be a parent. Although mom separated from me early, she still loved me until her last breath and also you dad, thank you both for giving me life. :))