Chapter 7: In A Distance

Heeseung's POV

"Where?" I asked.

"Just come here at the boutique, I'm thinking of asking you what suits me better" she said on the phone.

"Everything suits you" I told her.

"Yah! Why can't you add some life to your words. I don't know if I will feel threatened or flattered by your words. It's as cold as ice" she said.

"This is how I talk" I replied.

"I'll wait for you here" she said and she also sent me a selfie afterwards.

I left the company and went straight to the mall to look for the shop. I was a bit lost at first but I saw a familiar back in a distance.

"What does my Seungmin want?" she asked looking at the kid Jay was carrying.

"I thought they were only in a relationship but they also have a child?" I asked and my assistant suddenly asked me what am I talking about.

"Find the boutique first and inform me later" I ordered him and followed the three to where they went.

"Are they married?" I asked and look closely at their hands, there was no ring attached to it.

"How old is the child anyways?" I was curious but when I saw them laughing and I just excused myself.

I didn't see the kid's face but I think he is their son.

While I was walking away, my secretary came and lead me to where Alexis is.

"Babe here!" she called while she jumps up and down.

I just approach her and she clings unto my arm but she slowly removed it when I look at her.

"Ayy~ Why can't we be sweet for just a moment?" she asked but I just sat down and wait for her.

While she was trying the outfit, an article was published about Avy. I clicked the article and read it. I was so focused on the article and it bothered Alexis.

"If you're that busy then you should go back" Alexis said as she walks closer to me.

"I can't" I replied.

"Okay~ I will be serious, I will keep my phone" I told her and put it in my inner pocket.

"Next" I said.

There were many countless next because I don't know why I always imagine Avy in those dresses.

"That's it! I'm out" Alexis said and she did walk out after countless tries.

"I thought you said everything suits me! Yet you always say the clothes I picked is not good" she was mad alright.

"I'm sorry" I just said but she kept walking away, I just gave her some space.

-_-_-_-_-_

Avy's POV

"Mom~ I think my bladder's gonna explode" he told me.

"What do we do? Jay is still not here" I told him and was panicking.

"Now? As in now?" I asked him holding his shoulders.

"I really need to go to the bathroom mom" he said.

"Can you go on your own? We have a lot of shopping bags here and I wil--" he stopped me from talking.

"It's okay mom! I'm old enough" he smiled

"Call me anything goes wrong okay?" I asked him and he just nod.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

After the child peed, he was about to wash his hand but the faucet is a bit far away from him. He took little jumps but still can't reach it.

"Need a help?" a man who just entered asked.

"Yes please" he replied and turned around.

"It's you? E--Evan right?" the man asked.

"The rotten guy?" Seungmin said as he pointed at him. He wasn't offended at all but he just laugh at his comment.

"I'm hurt" the man said.

"Well, that's your nickname from now on. You always talk behind my mother's back" He replied.

"Do you want my help?" the man asked.

"Of course! How can you possibly turn your back on a handsome boy like me? Don't you have a conscience at all? I'm a damsel in distress" the kid acted cute and the man can't just walk pass by him.

"Instead of calling me nicknames, you can just call me Ethan" he told him and carried him up.

"If you talk to my mother in that way again and I guess I will call you the rotten guy for life" he threatened him.

"Okay" the man replied. The kid was washing his hands and the man gave him a tissue paper to wipe his hands.

"I guess you're not that rotten" the kid complimented and smiled.

"Thank you for helping me, uncle Ethan" he told him and he smiled widely.

"See you around Evan Mio" the man replied as he wave at the kid.

Seungmin went to his mother and Jay also came just in time.

"Yah~ Seungmin went to the bathroom just by himself?" Jay asked.

"I mustered up the courage because mom is not available, you left her with a lot of shopping bags" Seungmin told him.

"I'm sorry" Jay apologized and he took all the shopping bags.

The three of them left the mall and went directly to Avy's house.

"You should open them" I told Seungmin and we place the bags on the table.

"Eyy~ mom~ I was with you for the whole time so I already know what's in those bags" Seungmin replied.

"Then Miss Lu, please put this bags in Seungmin's room" I told her and she immediately obeyed.

"I guess I should go" Jay said as he took his shopping bags.

"Mom~ teach me some few Korean words, phrases or anything" he told me.

I did teach him some words and he easily cope up with the mini lesson. We prepared for bed, while I was tucking him in, he asked me a very unexpected question.

"Mom?" He started

"Why?" I replied.

"While we were going around from school to school, the park and the mall. I was going to ask you this for a long time but I don't know if it's worth mentioning" he stated.

"Why? I'm curious what is it that's bothering you?" I asked.

"Like I said as we were going around I can't help but to notice those children with their parents. I can see how happy they were, a mother, a father and a child but we are just a mother and a child" he told me with a sad face.

"Are you jealous of those families?" I asked him but he just shake his head.

"You know we both are a family, I am your mother and your father as well. We're unique in a way" I insisted.

"Have you ever loved my father?" he asked again and I nod at him.

"Your father? Hmmm... Yes I did but you never did ask me questions like this before, why ask me now?" I asked him again.

"I did want to ask you but I was afraid that you will remember all those bad memories you have with him" he replied.

"You should not walk on egg shells, if you're curious then just ask me. Sooo that's enough for today, I will tell you everything when you grow up." I told him and he hugged my arm until he fell asleep.

"If you want to see your father then you should just look at the mirror" I kissed his forehead and started writing my new noble again.