Chapter 12: Secrets

I was holding's hand tightly and we just stayed outside for how many minutes.

"Mom? Are we going inside or no?" Seungmin asked as he was staring straight at me.

"Oh~ Let's go? Did we stand here for far too long? I'm sorry son" I said but he just hold at my hand tightly as we entered the restaurant.

"We can't go in if you want" Seungmin suggested.

"No~ Let's just meet him and he will be satisfied as soon as he looks at you" I told him and we both entered the room.

"There they are!" Heeseung's father said as he welcomed us in but in our surprise Heeseung was also in there.

"Oh! Uncle Ethan is here too Mom. Why didn't you tell me?" Seungmin asked as he excitedly ran towards him.

"Because I didn't know" I told myself and just force myself to smile.

"We keep seeing each other often" Heeseung commented with his cute smile.

"You must be Evan right?" Heeseung's dad asked.

"How come you know my name ahjussi?" Seungmin asked with amazement while he sat beside Heeseung.

"My son always talk about a kid" He replied.

"What are you doing standing there Avy? You should come and sit" Heeseung's dad looks at me.

"Oh... right" I replied and Seungmin was excitedly taping the vacant space beside him.

"Let us take a photo first shall we?" he insisted and we cannot simply turn down his offer.

"Now Secretary Gu, I would like you to put that picture on frame. My family is complete" he said as he looked at me

"Does Evan understand Korean?" He asked.

"I'm still learning mister" Seungmin replied as he was smiling.

"I will schedule you for Korean lessons from the people I know okay?" he said

"I didn't know your father is so much caring uncle Ethan" Seungmin replied.

"We already paid a visit ahjussi~ Se--- Evan and I will go now" I interrupted and Seungmin was a bit sad.

"You two should eat first. That's all I'm asking" He smiled to me as Seungmin hold my hand.

"What does Evan like to do?, any hobbies?" He asked.

"Appa! Let me just take this call" Heeseung said.

"Can Evan excuse us for a minute?" he asked and Seungmin was a bit confused but he agreed. We both stayed silent, I don't know how long but I asked him first.

"What are you doing uncle?" I told him.

"Heeseung might not notice but I know the truth. No need to hide it from me" He smiled.

"What's there to hide? Evan was Jay's child" I said as I remained calm even though I am about to have a heart attack.

"I'm not talking about "Jay's child" or whose child it is" he said as he take a sip of tea.

"What?" I was confused.

"You still have feelings for my son, it's easy to notice and you might not know but he already has a girlfriend I don't know whether it is a serious one or not" He said while he is smiling.

"What do you mean I still have feelings for your son? My feelings for him already faded years ago. He cheated on me and even if we go back together, once a cheater will always be a cheater in my eyes" I responded but he just raised his eyebrows.

"Don't be offended my dear child" he responded.

"You might find my information useful in the future so do not forget about it" he continued and he just looked outside the window.

"You are also hiding something from me. Heeseung doesn't even know he was the one who cheated on me but how come our situation changed. He blamed me for something I didn't do" I said as I looked at him in the eye but he remained calm.

"Mom~" Seungmin knocked at the door.

"Oh~ Seungminahh~" I said as I tap the seat beside me.

"I'm hungry" he whispered and Heeseung's dad just chuckled.

"The food is soon to be served dear child. Let's just wait for your uncle Ethan okay?" he said and Seungmin just nod at him.

"I saw uncle Ethan a while ago he was about to enter but he left" Seungmin told him.

"Where would he go?" Heeseung's dad asked.

"I don't know ahjussi" Seungmin replied.

We waited for our meal to be serve and when we were about to eat, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" He called.

"Appa! Alexis is here" Heeseung said as an American face appeared in front of us.

"Hi there" I said and lowered my head.

"Eyy~ You didn't tell me you have a girlfriend uncle Ethan" Seungmin said as he was observing her hands are tightly holding his arm.

She's more like a leech I told myself in my mind.

"This is?" She asked.

"Oh~ I am---" Heeseung's dad stopped me from talking.

"Alexis sit down and let's eat." He said and she immediately obeyed him.

"You seem familiar" she said looking at me.

"I don't even recognize your face anywhere" I giggled and Seungmin finds me funny.

"Ah~ I know now~ You're the writer~ Heeseung's EX girlfriend" She said and Seungmin was so shocked about the new information.

How dare her emphasize the EX in front of me. Look at her being FAKE in front of people, pretending to be friendly. She did a nice job hiding her horns. Everything is on my mind.

I cut the beef aggressively like I want to kill someone but I am just blaming it all on the meat.

"Mom~ The meat is not at fault why are you cutting it like that" Seungmin said wnd everyone was looking at me.

"Oh~ that... I can't seem to cut it, maybe the utensils are not sharp enough" I force myself to smile but then Heeseung took my plate and cut it himself.

"Yah! You don't need to do that. Did I even ask for your help?" I said as I was about to take it and everyone was flustered about what I just did.

"I'm sorry, I am a bit busy this days and my temper is getting shorter" I replied and smiled again. "Let's continue eating~ Don't mind me"

"Mom~ I do mind you so behave~ You told me to behave but what's happening with you" he whispered and I just knock myself to reality. Heeseung's dad was laughing and I think he is enjoying the sight of me getting tortured.