Chapter 19: Somewhat of a Reunion

I kept my promise and as soon as we arrived at the parking lot. Heeseung was also there, I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it was early in the morning and he was the first person I saw, making my day a pain in the neck already. As I am aware that we will see each other again later for work.

"Good morning mister!" Seungmin greeted with a wide smile and he ran to him. Heeseung slouch down and pat his head.

"It is indeed a pleasant morning Seungmin" he said while smiling at him. He was genuinely happy with Seungmin which is making me worry.

"Are you heading to your classroom young boy?" Heeseung asked and my child replied with an excited nod.

"I will assist MY CHILD to his room Mr. Lee" I said coldly and he looked at me blankly.

"Does Seungmin want me to carry you to your room?" Heeseung asked while I am sure that he is hypnotizing my child again.

"I would love that!" Seungmin replied and I felt so betrayed but I guess they sensed that father-and-son bond that no one can see.

"Mom~ can you hold my bag? I don't want uncle to carry an additional weight which will make him tired while carrying me" Seungmin said with his puppy eyes again.

"I can carry you and your bag at the same time. Did you forget? I am a strong man, I can hold you with one hand and hold your bag at the other hand" he said while he was showing off his muscles.

What an overconfident jerk 

"Woah~ Is that so?" Seungmin said with so much amazement in his eyes

My dear child! Don't fall for his tricks... Not to mention that his face alone can make you agree on anything he says, I know since I am a victim too.

"Mom can you walk me to the room too?" Seungmin asked as soon as Heeseung carried him and his bag.

"Of course! I will just behind you" I replied with a smile.

"Let's go Seungmin and Avy, you can just walk beside me like you used to" Heeseung said.

"You already know that we cannot do something we used to do this time Heeseung" I said but his expression was blank as ever.

"Suit yourself" he replied and started walking.

I thought he will be walking faster but I am wrong. He took his time to walk as if he really wants to spend some of my time together with Seungmin.

With this awkward silence, I imagined something that makes me question 'what if he didn't cheat, our relationship is better than it was today?' or thinking 'What if we both didn't get drunk that day then Seungmin will not be born' this is the thought I despise the most. I must never think that way because like I said, Seungmin is a blessing and not a curse or someone to regret of.

"Mom~ you should hold my hand as we three walk together" He said while he stretch our his hand. I took it and it seems like I am the one who's like a kid getting drag by her guardians.

I sighed and did what he requested me. I would love doing this with Seungmin and Heeseung but we know that it will never happen, considering our situation.

"Would you like me to hold that for you? You seem like you're struggling" I said while I was hesitating to get it.

"That would be helpful" he replied and our hands touched each other but we didn't mind it.

"Oh! Miss Kim... It is nice to--" they gasp as they clearly saw Heeseung's face.

"You're Mr. Lee Heeseung right? Now that I look at you close, it seems like the media doesn't do you justice. You're much handsome personally" one of the moms approached him.

"She's right!" another mom approached.

"Thank you for your flaterry" he replied while he slowly put Seungmin down. He went to me and I kneel down to put his bag.

"A kiss and hug for today" Seungmin said while he hugged me then he kissed me on my cheek.

"What a sweet child" they said while they were looking at us with their eyes sparkling.

"I will go to work now, my son" I said smiling at him and turn around as soon as he is not seen.

"You're heading to my company right? We'll go there together" He said while he hold my hand.

"Omo~ what's happening here?" a mom said while they were covering their mouths.

"Do you really want our reputation be destroyed to ashes?" I asked him and pushed his hand away.

"Come on" he did not even consider my response and pulled me to his car.

"Go inside" he said opening his passenger side.

"Why would I?" I said and he just sighed.

"We're going the same way and I would love to have some company on the way" he said

"Yah! You should've called your girlfriend and why are you here anyway?" I asked him

"The Chairman of this school is in talks with my company as we were one of those frequent donors of the school" he replied seriously.

"I can't leave my car here and you're telling me to go back on my own after my work" I told him.

"Who says you're going back alone?" He said which made me tilt my head.

"You have me and I will come back since I also have to talk to the chairman again in the afternoon since they say he is not in at the moment" he replied which made sense but his family's company is one of my highest board member in my father and mother's company.

"Are you going to threaten me if I won't go with you?" I asked while looking at him.

"Yes" he said with a serious face. I just sighed and entered the car.

-_-_-_

I was crossing my arms and looking out of the window as I don't want do interact with him.

"You really don't want to talk to me do you?" He asked but I did not reply and kept the silence between us.

I look at him for a moment and saw his hands trembling.

"Do you even know how to drive? And why are you shaking much, as if - -" I stopped myself from talking because it seems like he's frightened.

"Let's switch places. You don't look well" I said holding his arm and he did what I told him to do.

Why even ask me to go with you when you look unwell? Or maybe that's why? Since you don't want to be alone.

I sighed and continued driving. He made it somewhat far but he was shaking in the cross-sections. I don't know what happened but I don't want to interfere.

"Would you like to have lunch together? As a repayment?" He asked.

"Hmmm... I apologize but no" I replied and focused on driving.