Chapter 16: Identical

Friday: Seungmin's Piano Recital.

The director accompanied Heeseung's father as the major shareholder of the school. Jay and I showed up in the school and went straight to the theater.

"Isn't she that novelist? and the chairman of that company?" Other mom's are trying to recognize me.

"She is... I loved her books and is that her boyfriend?" She asked.

"I think so... This is a major news isn't it?" Her friend said and posted on the school mom's group page with my photo with Jay.

We sat at the middle part of the chairs and we saw Heeseung's father at the front row.

"He really came? Isn't he busy?" Jay asked.

I saw two vacant seats on the front row and I already know that it was for Heeseung and his girlfriend. I bought him carnation flowers because I'm proud of his accomplishments and showing his beautiful talent to the world is a stepping stone.

"I think he is planning to stepdown, that's why he is making Heeseung do all the work" I replied.

There were various performances, dancing, singing, instrument recitals and finally Seungmin's recital. The group was already here at the last row and Heeseung and his girlfriend made it. He looked around and he saw us, our eyes met for a long time until Seungmin pressed a key.

We all watch him play with all his heart, I was so proud and was teary eyed for the whole play. He delivered his recital quite elegant and the audience loved him, because everyone stood up and clapped for him.

After the show, he immediately looked for me and I for him. Heeseung's father got to him first and the head of the school praised Seungmin for the amazing piano recital. He received a chocolate bouquet from his grandfather and a lavender bouquet from his father, although they don't know yet.

"My sonnn~ is the best!" I stated from the back and he saw me immediately.

"Mom!" He called and the director was curious that's why he searched for me.

"Can I know who you are?" He asked but then Heeseung's father glared at him.

"Don't you know her?" Heeseung asked but he was bewildered about who I may be.

"Oh~ Are you an actor?" He asked which made us all laugh.

"I'm not the type of person to boast and prefer to keep my identity private but all I can disclose is that I am an novelist" I smiled and he just grinned which somewhat offended me.

"Oh~ I thought so much more but you're just a novelist, do you perhaps read her books chairman?" he asked and everyone's face turned sour.

"How dare you say that" Mina said with her eyes wide open.

"I guess you never watch news mister. See here mister, I think you should watch what you say about a mere novelist like me. I will formally introduce myself, I am Kim Avy of Phoenix Group, Sunmi Group and I don't know if you already heard the business rising in the west, it's Alpha Nave--" They stopped me from talking.

"She's the daughter-in-law of Sinar Tours" Jay smiled and the director was somewhat afraid now.

"Not to forget that she's my daughter too. You also have insulted the Pegasus company" Mr. Lee said which made the director totally shut his mouth.

"You just insulted five companies in just one meeting Mister Baek" Heeseung grinned.

"Mom~ Did he badmouth you? Why are you so mad?" Seungmin said as he holds my hand.

"No~ he was just being sarcastic" I replied as I kneeled down to give him the flower.

"Oh~ I always love the flowers you bought" Seungmin complimented while he gave me Heeseung's bouquet.

"Thank you for coming sir" Seungmin said as he bowed at Heeseung's father.

"I didn't know why I imagined Heeseung while you were playing, he always played the piano when he was young too" Mr. Lee told him as he place his hand on his shoulder.

"There's my dearest nephew!" The guys said while they hugged him and gave him gifts.

Dae almost pierced his cheeks by pinching it like there's no tomorrow.

"Mom~ There she goes again, she's trying to make me look ugly" Seungmin complained.

"You should do that to your children in the future" I told Dae and she just looked up preventing eye to eye contact.

"Let's take a picture" Mr. Lee said as we all squeeze in, the director was gonna join the picture taking but Mr. Lee told him to take our photo. Jay placed his hand on my shoulder while Seungmin was in between us and Heeseung was beside Jay.

"Is everyone free? Let's go and grab some lunch, it's been years since you are all complete right?" Mr. Lee said and everyone was a bit hesitant to go since, it will make the atmosphere uncomfortable.

"Of course! We should welcome Heeseung's girlfriend too. Our last meeting was not that good" I said and we all just force ourselves to smile.

"Should I come too?" Director Baek asked but no one cared about him.

Apparently Mr. Lee reserved the whole restaurant for us which is making us utterly speechless.

"This lady over here is easily annoyed with crowd and noisy places so please understand, she's quite handful you know" Mr. Lee said making everyone laugh except for Alexis.

"You shouldn't badmouth your future daughter-in-law uncle, Heeseung might find it offenssive" I said and he acted like he is zipping his mouth.

"Although my girlfriend is American, please don't make fun of her. She's learning Hangul for months now" Heeseung defended her.

"Yeah~ right" Dae said

"Dae, stop it" I told her

We all sat down and Heeseung was just right in front of me, while Seungmin is in between Jay and me. He maintained eye contact with me which is making me have shivers to my spine. Every time our eyes met I immediately look somewhere, his hands, the food, the utensils or anything my eyes came in contact with.

"My son should eat a lot" I said as I put every food in his bowl.

"Avy~ You should eat too" Jay said as he was looking at me with his innocent eyes and he started eating but I'll make sure that Seungmin is full first.

"Start eating" Heeseung demanded while he put a meat in my plate.

"I'll eat later" I responded because Alexis is glaring at me.

"Mom~ stop putting food on my plate, I am full~ You should eat too" Seungmin said as he drank his water.

"Mom~ I'll just go to the bathroom" He said but as soon as I stand up, Heeseung immediately stood up and was about to accompany him but Jay stopped him.

"Stop being concerned about him already. I will go with you, is that okay Seungminah~?" Jay asked as he holds his hand but they just made him mad.

"I will just go to the bathroom, it's not like it's a tiger den that I need you all to protect me. Uncle reserved the whole place anyway" He said which made the group laugh.

"Seungmin? Why did you name him Seungmin?" Heeseung's father asked which made me stopped breathing for a while and I looked at Jay with a sharp look.

I'm doomed