Chapter 8: Invitation

I was invited by a movie director to discuss about signing a contract with me again. This time for my exposure I accepted the invite.

"Mom can I go with you?" Seungmin asked.

"You should wait for me here with Nero" I responded.

"Nero and I haven't gone out for 2 days now, I will take Miss Lu with me so that you don't need to worry" he pleaded as if he was going to die tomorrow.

"Okay but I can't take you with me in the contract signing, he told me it's exclusive" I told him and he understand it.

He was in charged of our clothes and placed the clothes he chose on the bed.

"You're more like my parent than my child" I told him.

"You told me I am in charge of our clothes when we go out together" he pouted.

"I knoww~" I replied.

"Let's change and go. You have Nero, Mr. Lim and Miss Lu with you behave okay?" I told him and he nods.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We have arrived in the building and I bid farewell to Seungmin for a while.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

They were walking for a while now.

"I should hold Nero for you young master" she said but he barely understand her.

"Nero is my dog so I should be the one walking him" the young man replied.

Mr. Lim wasn't with them because he went to buy some donuts.

"Miss Lu? You have Nero's ball right?" Seungmin asked as he look at the bag and immediately found it.

"Seungmin-ahh ~ I will just go and answer your mom's call so don't go far away okay?" she asked and he just nod at her.

They were near the intersection and some guys pushed Seungmin which made him drop the ball, rolling into the intersections.

"Nero!!!" he shouted as Nero went running to get the ball.

Seungmin was scared at first to cross but Nero was more like a family to him than a pet. He run to get him but this time the street lights were in orange. Many cars were passing by and Seungmin was just embracing Nero tightly.

"Hey kid are you okay?" A man came running in and covered him with his coat.

Seungmin was brave but he was shaking.

"Uncle Ethan?" Seungmin asked as he looked at him clearly.

"Yeah it's me, let's stay here for a while" he said and he was not letting Seungmin see the cars.

Although he was taking care of the kid first, he was in a deep pain in the inside. His heart beat gradually increases, he felt his chest is being squeezed, and lastly he was trembling. Seungmin felt it because he can see the man struggling, his veins are popping out and sweating too much.

"Are you okay?" Seungmin asked as he place his hand on Ethan's cheeks.

"Yes... Yes... Don't mind me." Ethan told him but he hears the car's engines, he is also having blurred visions, and was reminded of something that happened in the past.

Seungmin doesn't know what to do and he just covered the man's ears.

"Just don't hear or even see it mister." Seungmin told him and shared his coat with him.

"It's okay, they will not hit us. Just don't hear it and it will all gonna be okay" Seungmin adviced him and he calms down.

"Sir! Sir... Are you okay? You know that you can't be on the streets" His secretary said as he guides them to the sidewalks.

"Mister, is he sick?" Seungmin asked and Miss Lu immediately hold him.

"Young master~ you shouldn't run to the streets like that, the streetlights were still orange" Miss Lu nagged him.

His secretary gave him water and went back to the car to get it out on the way first.

Ethan and Seungmin were just sitting on the bench and not looking at the cars.

"Are you afraid of cars?" Seungmin asked.

"Are you not afraid of cars?" Ethan asked him back.

"I asked the question first though" Seungmin said while he was cuddling Nero.

"It's just that I am in a deep pain when I hear the cars, honks and more" he told him.

"Thank you for helping me again, rotten guy, I mean Uncle Ethan" Seungmin told him and Ethan just ruined his hair do.

"You shouldn't run into the streets like that, your mother was scared" he told him.

"I was never going to but Nero is my family, how can I possibly watch him in the streets with many cars. Miss Lu is not my mother though, she's someone who takes care of me while my mom is busy at work" he informed him.

"Sir, we should go back now" his secretary interrupted them.

"See you again Uncle Ethan" Seungmin waved his hands.

"Chan~ I kept seeing that boy this days" Ethan told his secretary

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The contract signing was smoothly done and I will be invited again when they start shooting the drama.

"I hope this partnership last in a lifetime Director" I told him and I bring my hand out for a shake.

"Of course! I will be contacting you for another drama" he replied and he grabs my hand.

I immediately went out to look for Seungmin and saw him in the nearest park eating donuts. I called for him and he turned around with a wide smile.

"Mom!" he shouted waving at me, Nero came running and hugged me.

"Remember not to tell my mom" he told miss Lu

"What are you keeping from me young boy?" I asked and looked at him with my sharp eyes.

"Nothing" he replied.

"You're keeping me in the dark again" I pouted but he just smiled and put a donut in my mouth.

"Mister Lim bought it so you should enjoy it" Seungmin told me.

"Mom? I have a question" he said.

"What is it?"

"Are you perhaps looking for a husband? You should find someone immediately" he told me which made me in shock.

"You always say that, do you really don't want me anymore?" I asked him again.

"Of course you are still the most precious person to me. I just want you to be happy" he replied.

"Eyy~ you're all that I need to be happy" I told him as I kissed his forehead.