Chapter 13: Face Off

"Thank you for the meal uncle" I told him and he just put his arm around my shoulder.

"Let's do that frequently. I missed you a lot and you're more like my own daughter" He said and I smiled.

"Of course!" I replied

"Ahjussi~ Are you free on Friday?" Seungmin suddenly asked.

"Oh? Why?" He asked as he lowered himself.

"Our school organized a recital program for singing, dancing and many more. My teacher told me to invite people to come and watch" he replied.

"Okay then, Friday at?" he asked.

"Dulwich" Seungmin replied and he accepted his offer.

"What will you be performing then?" he asked.

"Piano, my mom loves to hear me play it" Seungmin replied.

"What a filial little child" he said and stood up.

"Do you want a ride?" Heeseung asked as he looked at us.

"Actually... No" I said because his girlfriend was looking at me with his sharp gaze.

"Avyahh~" Jay called.

"Oh! Jay!" I said as I wave my hand and Seungmin also wave his hand at him.

"We will go now" I said and Seungmin bid his farewell.

Jay came to us and he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hi! Uncle, and Heeseung" he greeted but Heeseung's face was sour.

"U-- " Jay covered Seungmin's mouth immediately.

"Just call me Dad in front of this people okay?" he whispered on Seungmin's ear.

"You're making a deal?" Seungmin asked which made me laugh.

"I'll get you whatever you like" Jay whispered again.

"Okay! Deal" he replied.

"Dad I want to go to the park~ You can buy me a cotton candy or an ice cream just like you always do when we were in Boston" Seungmin replied and hold Jay's hand.

I seriously considering to apply him in an acting school sooner or later. I look at them and was laughing at their scheme.

"It's nice having lunch with you all" I said as Jay opened the door for me.

-_-_-_-_-_

Heeseung's Father

I got curious about why she immediately thought about her son after I said there's nothing to hide?

I entered the restaurant again and saw the waiters are already fixing our table but I immediately stopped them.

"I will just get these cups shall I? I will pay extra" I said but they just agreed.

Secretary Gu came right in time and I told him to go at the hospital to run some test.

"Come to think of it, her son is inclined with music and ahh~ that's why she's so nervous" I said and look outside.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Jay~ You're right on time. Where's our driver?" I asked him.

"Oh that~ when I was visiting your home, your driver was about to go pick you up but I stopped him." He replied.

"But why must I call you Dad? Uncle Jay" Seungmin asked.

"I'm basically your dad" he replied.

"No you're not! I'm much handsome than you are and you have a very sharp jaw line" Seungmin replied.

"Do want your ice cream and cotton candy or not?" Jay asked.

"Of course! I want my treats dad!" Seungmin suddenly changed which made me smile.

"See how he changes in just a snap?" Jay was out of words when Seungmin did that.

"Is that the American girl Heeseung is seeing?" Jay asked in Korean because Seungmin can't understand it clearly.

"I think so... They've been seeing each other for 3 years already" I replied as I looked outside.

"Are you jealous?" Jay asked.

"No... I just wish them a happy relationship" I replied.

"Cheer up! I'm available to take and I'm all yours already" Jay replied which made me smile and I don't have anything to say.

"There you go again" I said as I looked out of the window.

"By the way Uncle Jungwon, Sunghoon, Niki, Sunoo, Jake and auntie Dae is going to join us on a walk. You like that Seungminah?" Jay asked as he looked at the mirror.

"I would love that uncle Jay--- I mean Daddy Jay" He said while we both find him cute again.

"But Mom~ When will auntie Krisa come? She promised me Boston's cream pie" He pouted.

"Your auntie Krisa and uncle Zach will come a month later Seungmin" I adviced him.

"Did they finally handed a wedding invitation to you mom?" He was so excited and I have nothing more to say.

"How much do you know?" I asked him because he might be thinking of something else.

"If you want my information mom then you should pay for it" He said and Jay was laughing out loud.

"Wahh! I'm really speechless, You're talking to another businessman" Jay commented and I just glared at him.

"But seriously mom, did they hand you a wedding invitation?" He asked again.

"Not yet. Why are you so excited about their "future" wedding anyway?" I asked him back.

"So that I will request to be their ring bearer and I am the reason why they are in a relationship" He shared.

"That's why I am so grateful to you my dearest Seungmin" Jay told him.

"You're grateful to me? Why though? I didn't even do anything to advance your relationship with mom" He replied and it made Jay's face sour.

"I am grateful because you paired your uncle to another woman because if you didn't do that then I might have to deal with him because he likes your mom before. Me and my best friend love the same woman and he came in between us snatching your mother away from us" He shared and now Seungmin was curious about who is that guy.

"Yah!" I smacked him and he realize what he just told him.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to" He said in Korean.

"You two are hiding something" Seungmin said as his eyes are slowly closing.

"We are almost there. Avy you should ask where are they are now" Jay chuckled.

"Oh right!" we were dodging his question.

As soon as we arrived Jay placed a mat on the grass and he asked us to wait for them here. The view he picked was great and Seungmin was still sulking about the topic Jay and I had in the car.

"Mom~ Who is uncle Jay's best friend?" He asked again.

"Just someone... Don't mention him for the mean time, we have a bad blood between him and us" I told him and just caress his head.

"There's our precious Seungminahh~" Dae called and I was so happy to see her again.

"Auntie!" Seungmin replied while he was smiling from ear to ear.

We were complete but everyone still feels like someone is missing in our circle, we always leave space for him but apparently he doesn't know us at all anymore.

"I heard he's back" Dae commented in Korean.

I just raised my eyebrows and smiled at them. "Yeah~"