Chapter 20: 🔺

"Writer Kim! CEO Lee!" the production team greeted us.

"Director Song" I greeted and Heeseung just went to his way.

"As cold as ever" Director Song said

"Let's get started Director-nim" I said smiling at him.

"Let's start then" he replied and we went to our positions.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

Break time

I excused myself from the group to get a coffee at this company's public coffee machine. I saw a familiar face rushing to the elevator, he was holding a set of Starbucks coffee and my favorite snacks.

"I would like to have a some of that too. Now that I saw it, I'm craving one" I murmured as I look at him to the elevator. I took me a bit of time as I called Mina and demand about 5 to 6 whole cakes of that blueberry licious cheesecake and iced americano.

"Wait. Should I just get 2 coffee trucks?" I asked myself but then by the time it arrives, it will be late. 

"I guess I would just schedule 3? Yes! 3 coffee trucks for the whole production team. I should ask Mina later" I am talking to myself while I went back for now with a cup of coffee from the vending machine.

"Oh! There she is! Writer Kim" Director Song said while calling me to the table. When I move closer, I saw a box of blueberry licious cheesecake and belgian waffles.

"This is from CEO Lee and he hopes you to enjoy it" the man I saw a while ago said while he was waiting for something I don't know.

"You should be going Sir--?" I looked at him while pointing at himself.

"I am Hong Wonsik" he smiled.

"Please take back this cake and waffles to CEO Lee and tell him that I said thank you for his good gesture but I can't accept it" I replied and director Song's eyes were sparkling like begging me to take it.

"Bu---" I cut him out.

"It's okay! Tell him that my secretary already bought one" I smiled and he slowly took the snacks with a worried face like Heeseung will beat him up if he can't succeed in giving me the cake and waffles.

"Why reject such a precious gift?" Director Song asked.

"I am not keen on accepting other people's good gesture Director-nim. I don't know well and trust people easily since I grew up by other people taking advantage of me" I gave him a fake smile but I sure hope he understand what I am telling him.

"Okay then but you should open up to more people out of your circle since you are a Chairwoman of a lot of companies in your hand that have a lot of branches" he told me an advice and appreciate it.

"I--"

"You know the phrase? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer? It works best in business you know since you can keep an eye on them and cast them out as soon as their sins are pilling up" He told me again and I can feel his sincerity towards his advices.

"Thank you for your advices Director Song. I think my father will tell me the same words as you said" I smiled at him from ear to ear and he just tap my shoulder.

"Now, let us continue after you are ready Writer Kim" he said.

We continued the shooting and some of the actors are not in well condition as Director always took a lot of take on just one scene. I can see his head fuming with anger but he is a professional and so are the actors.

"I think we should take another break to cool down" I announced and just in time Mina came with my orders.

"There it is... Have a sweet snack Director-nim, it helps you cool down" I said while Mina place a box of cake on our table and our drinks while she gave the remaining to the cast and the production team.

"I am sorry if these snacks are a bit lacking but I will make up for it later" I told them as I bowed but they panicked and said that it was okay.

I heard something from a far 'Is it okay to let a chairwoman bow to someone like us?' they said but I don't care I was once a part of the ordinary years ago.

"That's okay writer Kim... We look forward to your treat next time" they said while smiling at me.

This is a good production team, I hope no one gets mixed in, those with bad intentions. I guess I will only have a contract with Director Song.

"Mina~ let's eat... Did you treat those people who accompanied you?" I asked her but then she looked away.

I sighed and called for them to join us finish a whole box of cake.

"I didn't treat them because they talk badly at you that's why I called them to suffer" Mina whispered which made me laugh for a bit.

"You must not treat our employees like that, it will make my uncle find fault of me and make me a villain" I whispered to her back.

"You must be close to your employees... You should've told me that so that I didn't tell you such advice" Director Song said.

"I am not very close to them at the moment director-nim. I have a very bad reputation at work and Mina was the only one I can trust for the moment so she is much more like a friend and a family member" I replied and I can see those employees' expression, they are a bit taken back.

"You flatter me CHAIRWOMAN Kim" she emphasized the word like she is flaunting my position.

"No need to go such lengths and not to mention that I will not be coming on Friday director-nim. I need to head back to the company as I am hearing a lot of problems, so I will be solving it first" I told him in advance with these employees' since I am sure they will head straight to my uncle who is coveting my position with these news.

I think that will make uncle be busy for 2 days hiding his wrong deeds. I wish him luck and he doesn't know that I have a special surprise for him for his son who works in my father's company as well.

I was smiling widely and enjoyed the company of good and bad people at the same time.