Chapter 3: A as in Anger

"So you're telling me that my presence here in the country must not be known yet?" I asked the boards who are in my side.

"The company's stocks are falling for the past 7 years. The reason why it has still funds it's because of my mother's company" I stated.

"We know all your achievements Miss Kim but there's nothing we can do. They have the most number of boards in their side" Mr. Yoo stated.

"Mina, I need all the list of the boards and make sure to highlight those in our side. Put a red mark on those who are in the meeting today. I will drag all those who will betray me" I announced and they were all scared.

"I came here to claim back what is mine in the first place. I can't leave from Boston because I was being declined over and over. It was just now that I decided to ask help from Mr. Park" I shared.

"Miss Kim, your reputation was being ruined for the past seven years. You having a child in less than a year of your departure to Boston." They told me.

"I graduated from Harvard didn't I? I manage to build my mother's company into one of the major companies didn't I? I created a new company for myself and it is thriving for 3 years already. I gave you all good outcomes and getting pregnant is the only thing that can bring me down? You all are seriously absurd " I was getting mad.

"Having a child made you irresponsible, not good in deciding and everything your far uncle said just to put dirt on your name that's why the other boards are supporting him. They think you are incapable of leading the company" Ms. Na said.

"Are my board of directors mostly stupid? Seeing the charts go up and down, sometimes a consistent downward path, still no one ever thought of summoning me back here? Are my achievements not known?" I asked them.

"Your achievements were not known. The reports coming from the companies you're handling was fabricated. The charts were not good, the sales and everything" Mr. Go stated.

"So I was doing a good job abroad while no one dares to tell me the situation here? Aigoo~ the boards are blinded with money" I said and I kept my head down. I am thinking of a solution. The room was silent as I was thinking on how the employees will recognize me as the true owner of the company.

"I cannot let myself stay in the dark anymore. Many reporters are gathering for an interview and others were trying to get a collab to make my books into movies, and dramas. I will not listen to your suggestions for today" I told them as I am getting ready to leave.

"You cannot face this battle alone Miss Kim" Mr. Yoo called.

"I think it is time to replace the boards, those who gone astray and who put the company in the verge of corruption will be punished" I warned them and I left the room.

"Mina, let all my accomplishments be known. Order one of the guys to observe my far uncle on his reactions" I told her and I went home to see Seungmin.

Jay was in the house playing with Seungmin, he immediately greeted me.

"Eomma~ you're home!" he cheered.

"It's still early but what are you doing here?" Jay asked.

"Those old board members are getting into my nerve" I shared and Seungmin was confused.

"When you're at home, you shouldn't bring home any problems" Seungmin said.

"Mianhae" I told him immediately.

"By the way, have you seen the group chat?" Jay asked.

"What group chat?"

"Our classmates in senior year" Jay said which made me curious.

"Yah! I don't know anything you're talking about" I told him and immediately took his phone.

"Oh~ I forgot to add you. The guys were just careful knowing that your relationship ended" Jay said.

"What about it?" I asked

"A class reunion will be held at Shingibangi restaurant on Friday" Jay informed me.

"Is he in the group chat?" I asked him again.

"Yes he is, they said not to add you for the meantime because it might ruin the mood" Jay is starting to get scared.

"Uncle Jay, you do know that I hate people who excludes my mom right?" Seungmin slap his thighs.

"You and Mom were classmates?" Seungmin asked and he was eavesdropping to Jay's phone.

"I am not excluding your mom, she wouldn't even check the messages even if I add her. I'm doing this for her" Jay stated

"Oh! Are you attending?" Jay asked.

"Why would I? I might ruin the mood" I told him and was about to go and change my clothes.

"You should come! They are curious about you and Woah!!! He is not going to attend" Jay told me and was celebrating.

A smile started to form in my face.

"Mom you should go, you will be the most beautiful woman in there. You might bring home my father" Seungmin commented which made Jay's face sour again.

"You really don't think of me as a good match for your mother?" Jay asked as he put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

I go on with the flow and put my hand on his waist.

"Aren't we a great pair?" I asked Seungmin but he immediately pulled me away from Jay.

"Mom~ you deserve better" Seungmin joke around and we started laughing.

"I mean you don't deserve uncle Jay" he turned around and went to Jay's side. I don't know what Jay did but my son betrayed me.

"You know this is worst sin you committed, BETRAYAL" I told him and they were just smiling.

"By the way, I will attend the class reunion but tell them on the scheduled date" I notified Jay.

I immediately look at my closet for beautiful dresses or clothes to wear.

"Aigoo~ it's uncle Jay's fault... I might never get to sleep" Seungmin said as he drag his feet to the bed, feeling hopeless.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked and look at him.

"It will take you a long time choosing" he said as he was lying on the bed.

"Do you know that f-"

"First impression will always give a huge impact to those people. You always say that a lot" he pouted.

"But I will put you to bed first. Sooo what story do you want to hear?" I asked him and he smiled widely.

"I love your stories mom, the stories you make only for me" he told me and embraced my arm.

"Okay then" I said as I started thinking of a new story plot for him.