Chapter 17: Inherit

"Do I really need to explain to you why is his korean name like that?" I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"I'm just curious about his name..." He replied.

"There is nothing special about my son's name... It just means that he is clever and sharp-natured that's it" I reasoned out.

"Okay... Okay... I hear you" Mr. Lee replied.

"I think you still don't know that Alexis is your cousin?" He asked again which made me in a state of shock.

"She's American and how come she's my cousin?" I asked him back

He just laugh and made Heeseung explain.

"At first I didn't know that you were cousins, not until I brought her home and she told me to meet his father." He shared as he looked around.

"His father is the head of Phoenix group which is your uncle" he said looking at me straight in the eyes.

"I invested in your father's company years ago and I manage to be one of the major shareholders of the Phoenix group" Mr. Lee replied while eating his food, he is not even bothered about the fact that I am loosing my father's company to some strangers.

I haven't touched my food because I felt like I was betrayed.

"You acted so nice to me and now you're supporting someone that's my number one enemy?" I asked while everything felt so hot and it increased my heart rate 3 times.

"It's business my dear and besides I gave Heeseung all the rights" he replied and I just glared at them.

"I apologize for ruining the mood but we need to go" I said and stood up. I took Seungmin's stuff and left the lavender bouquet.

"Avy? Where are you going?" Dae asked

"You should stay, you all have to keep up with them. You are not just my friends but also him" I told them and they respected my decision.

As soon as Seungmin got out of the comfort room, I took his hand and rushed out of the restaurant.

"Mom? What's wrong?" He asked but I was mad and didn't answered him.

Jay carried him in his arms and put him in the car, he secured his seat belt and went to checked me out.

"Basic rule is to put your seatbelts on when you enter my car" He said as he leaned forward and fixed it himself.

"I'm sorry" I replied

"Can Seungmin stay at home with your aunt Mhary? I need to take your mom somewhere" Jay said and Seungmin just agreed.

Jay drop him off to our house and drove me to the beach.

"At first I thought you will bring us to a race track again but I did not expect you to bring us in the beach" I replied as I breathe in deeply.

"Do you expect us to just walk around here?" He asked raising his eyebrows while he smiles at me.

I smiled back to him but got curious about what more did he prepare.

"Yah~ You really do expect so little from me" he told me and it made me speechless.

"Just wait" he said as he looks far coast.

We indeed waited and later his yacht appeared and he made me smile again from ear to ear. I was moved by his gestures, and this was something that moved my heart.

"Let's go?" He asked while he gave me his hand and I just accepted his offer.

I was reminded of Heeseung with his surprise but I considered his feelings because I don't want to offend him.

I stand at the end and enjoyed the wind while he was driving the boat, we stopped in the middle of the ocean and I sat down to wait for the sun to set.

He secured the boat first and brought a coffee and blanket for me.

"Thank you" I told him and he sat beside me.

"No need to thank me, I will always do this things for you" he replied.

"I have a lot to thank you but I don't know how to repay you for everything you did" I said as I take a sip.

 "I don't need you to repay me" He said while he was looking at me with so much love.

We just stayed there and viewed the beautiful sunset, I thought it was a painting but everything was real. It was a picturesque view, and it did remove all my troubles all at ones. If he is not by my side to comfort me then I wouldn't know what to do but drink.

"By the way, let's drink sometime" I told him as I looked at his eyes.

"I would love to but you are not suited to take part in alcoholic drinks. NEVER" He said squinting his nose and I find it cute, we just laughed.

I didn't know that he was recoding the whole time with our backs in timelapse. I am not mad because I am aware that he will do this kind of thing, recording our memories together.

"It turned out just fine... I really love the photos and videos you take. Feels like everything is taken from a professional" I said as I look at every picture.

"I might create an exhibition with your photos you know" He said and it made me blush and shy.

"Why would you do that? My face is already exposed in public when I was 18 and I have cameras following me around every time, not you too" I told him as I hide my face with the blanket.

He pulled the blanket down as he leaned forward.

"Don't hide such beauty from me. In fact you should be confident because you are beautiful inside and out." He replied looking straight in my eyes.

"I know" I replied and I tried not to break eye contact.

In the end he broke eye contact and stood up.

"Let's go back... Your son might scold me again for not returning you to him on time" he said while he is waiting for me to grab his hand.

"You should go to the bedroom and relax, it's cold outside" he insisted and I just did what he told me to do.

I waited for him to call me and it is time for us to go back. He even drove us back home with tarts in our hand for Seungmin so that he wouldn't sulk about not coming with us.

"Mom~ What's that?" He asked while he runs to greet us.

"Tar--- What are you doing here?" I asked her while she slowly approach us.

I hate to see her face because she was the reason why everything ended.