Chapter 14

A week passed by faster than it ever had before and it was the night before my training. 

I was on the phone with Tony, doubting every ability in me "You're gonna be fine" he reassured and I continued walking on every second wooden plank in my living room. 

I huffed putting the phone on speaker and pacing back and forth "What if it's too hard" I said "Too hard for you?" he questioned and I paused "Yeah that's stupid never mind" I corrected myself.

Tony chuckled on the other end of the phone "Don't worry, you're tougher than you think," he said, "besides, you've been doing this sort of thing for a while now, right?"

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, feeling a bit more confident in myself "Yeah, I guess you're right," I said, still pacing "but it's different when you're doing it for an actual organization, you know?"

"I get it," Tony said "but you'll have a whole team behind you and if you need help, you can always ask for it"

I stopped pacing and sat down on the couch, listening to Tony's words. He was right, I wasn't alone in this. I had no reason to isolate myself.

"Thanks, Tony," I said, feeling grateful for his support "I really appreciate it."

"I think I need a drink" I said breaking the silence and I heard him hesitate "It's past midnight you should be sleeping not thinking about alcohol" he said and I rolled my eyes "alright dad" I said and I heard him laugh.

"Yeah I'm gonna go for a drink," I said putting on some jeans and a black bodysuit, I grabbed my keys and put some sneakers on "Hey wait uh where are you going," he asked and I could hear shuffling on his side.

"Bar down the street" I replied, walking out the door and locking it behind me.

"Be careful," Tony warned "I don't want to have to come bail you out of jail in the middle of the night."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, knowing that Tony was just being overprotective "Relax, Tony," I said "I'm just going for a quick drink, not a wild night out." 

"Hey, what if you come with me," I said as I began walking down the street "That invite took longer than expected," Tony said and I heard the rev of an engine "See you in a bit," I said hanging up.

I made my way to the bar, the cool night air hitting me as I walked. The streetlights cast a soft glow over the deserted sidewalks. I could hear the sound of my footsteps echoing off the empty buildings.

As I approached the bar, I could see that it was still open. The music was loud and the lights were dim. The air inside was thick with the smell of alcohol and sweat.

I took a seat at the bar "Martini please" The bartender nodded and began making my drink. I sipped it slowly, enjoying the taste and the warmth it brought to my body. 

As I sat there, lost in thought, I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Mind if I join you?" Tony asked as he took a seat next to me. I smiled at him and motioned for the bartender to make another drink. 

"First rounds on me" I smiled and Tony laughed, he did not need anybody paying for his drinks but he appreciated the thought. 

We sat there, chatting and catching up on each other's lives. Tony told me about his latest work project, and I updated him on how I was feeling about the upcoming training again.

As the night wore on, the bar started to fill up with more people. The noise level increased, and the music got louder. I ordered another drink, feeling more relaxed and at ease than I had in weeks.

Suddenly, a group of rowdy guys stumbled into the bar, laughing and shouting. They made their way over to the pool table, where they started playing a game. I tried to ignore them and continue talking with Tony, but their loud voices and obnoxious behaviour were hard to ignore.

One of the guys, clearly already drunk, stumbled over to our side of the bar and tried to strike up a conversation with me. I tried to politely decline his advances, but he persisted. 

"No way you're the chick with that tattoo thing," he said as realisation hit and it clicked in my brain why he seemed so familiar. 

I quickly became uncomfortable as he began motioning his friends over to check out the supposed tattoo.

"Show them" he insisted and Tony gave me a confused look.

I could feel my face flush with embarrassment and anger. I was not about to show off that hideous marking to group of strangers just because some drunk guy demanded it.

"I'm not showing anyone anything," I said firmly "Now leave me alone."

The guy didn't seem to take the hint and continued to harass me, he placed his hand on my waist tugging at the bodysuit and that's when Tony stepped in, putting a protective arm around my shoulder "Hey man, she said leave her alone," he said in a stern voice.

It finally clicked to him what he meant by the 'tattoo'

The guy turned to face Tony, a drunken smirk on his face "Or what?" he slurred, Tony didn't back down "Or I'll have to ask you to leave," he said firmly "and it won't be nicely" I added grabbing his hand that was on my bodysuit twisting it back a little. 

The guy's friends seemed to realize that the situation was escalating and stepped in, trying to pull him away "Come on, let's go play some more pool," one of them said, guiding the drunk guy towards the pool table who was complaining about his hand.

I let out a sigh of relief as they left, grateful for Tony's support "Thanks," I said, looking up at him with a small smile "It takes me a second..to think when anything about that night is brought up" I said.

"Don't worry about it," he said, his eyes full of concern.

As the night wore on, we both became increasingly intoxicated, and our conversations became more and more nonsensical. We found ourselves laughing at the slightest things, and before long, we were both a drunken mess.

Tony stumbled off his stool, his face red from laughter "I think I'm gonna be sick," he slurred, and I quickly grabbed his arm to steady him.

"Come on, let's get you home," I said, trying to sound as sober as possible.

We stumbled out of the bar and into the cool night air, laughing and giggling like a couple of kids. We walked arm in arm down the deserted sidewalk, our drunken stumbling only adding to our amusement.

We had only made it half way to my apartment when Tony tripped over his on feet hurdling to the ground. I burst out laughing, unable to contain myself. "Are you okay?" I asked, trying to suppress my giggles.

Tony groaned and rolled onto his back, staring up at the stars "I think I need a minute," he said, closing his eyes.

I collapsed onto the ground next to him, still giggling uncontrollably.

We lay there for a few minutes, our laughter echoing through the empty street. Eventually, Tony sat up, rubbing his head "Okay, I think I'm good now," he said, grinning at me.

We stumbled to our feet and continued on our way, arm in arm, our drunken silliness continuing to entertain us both. 

By the time we made it to my apartment, we were both exhausted. 

We said our goodbyes and stumbled our separate ways, both still giggling to ourselves. It was a night neither of us would forget anytime soon.

♥♥♥

possibly one of my fav fillers i've written 😚