Chapter 22

*the next day*

James has just woken up in his hotel room, alone. He sits up in bed and goes to the bathroom. He look up at the mirror, he has dark circles under his eyes from barely sleeping the past week.

He turns his head and sees a bruise on his neck. He looks at himself in the mirror again. Anger rushes through him, he pulls his fist back and punches the mirror cracking it.

James sits on the floor with his back to the wall. He's truly lost everything he ever loved. His wife due to her cheating with his brother, his daughter because of his brother smashing their cars together, the only woman he was able to love after what happened with his ex-wife and brother.

He hears a vibrating sound, he looks at the nightstand next to the bed. His phone is lit up. He gets up and picks up the phone answering the call.

James: hello?

Hunter: James it's Hunter, i need to speak with you. i'd like you to come to WWE Headquarters, immediately

James: alright, see you when i'm there

James hangs up and gets dressed.

*WWE Headquarters*James walks into WWE Headquarters

*WWE Headquarters*
James walks into WWE Headquarters. He goes to the elevator and steps in. He presses the button that takes him to the floor he needs to be on.

He steps out. James re-adjusts his jacket then starts walking to the left. He arrives at a door that has Triple H on it. He knocks on the door.

Hunter: it's open

James opens the door. He walks in seeing his parents, Becky and Seth.

James: why are they here? you said you had to speak with me, you never said they's be here

Hunter: and i never said they wouldn't be. please take a seat

James: i'd rather stand

Hunter: suit yourself. i wanted to talk to you about the consequence of what you did last night.

James rolls his eyes, he's gonna be punished for doing what any man would in his place? This is bullshit.

Hunter: i wish i could say i'm only suspending you for a few weeks. but my higher ups have made the choice to, fire you.

James: WHAT?!

Hunter: James, calm down

James: NO I WON'T CALM DOWN. ANY GUY IN MY POSITION WOULD HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING AND RIGHTLY SO!

Hunter: you attacked ano-

James: I ATTACKED THE REASON MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD. I ATTACKED THE MAN WHO KISSED MY NOW EX-GIRLFRIEND. SO IF YOUR GONNA FIRE ME FOR THAT THEN YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

James swings the door open and walks out. He almost gets to the elevator before someone stops him. His mother, one of the only people not to be involved.

Michelle: James, please calm down. Please listen to Hunter, it wasn't his choice. Me and and you dad spoke to the higher ups and tried convincing them t-

James: mum, there is no point. i get punished for doing what any guy would have done, if that's how i'm gonna be treated then i'll just leave altogether.

James walks past his mother and into the elevator. He reaches the lobby and walks out of the building.