Chapter 30

Becky: you are the father James.

James covers his face then leans back on his couch. Becky puts the paper on the coffee table.

James: can you get my parents

Becky nods then goes to the front door. She opens it and brings them in. They see james looking at the paper.

Undertaker: so?

James: i'm the dad

James says in a sort of sad tone

Michelle: what's wrong dear? this is a good thing isn't it?

James: it's just too soon don't you think, i just lost my daughter a couple of weeks ago. not trying to sound horrible.

Becky: if you want to abo-

James: no, no. i'm not saying to abort the kid, it's just gonna be harder than it should for me.

Becky: i'll help you, if you'll allow me to.

James: how? i've just been fired and have no job, you'll be constantly on the road. not to mention that we aren't even together.

Becky: there isn't much i can do about the first one but the other 2 can be changed. i can get the time off. and if you wanted to we can be together, i was wrong to ask for a break. i regretted it the second you left.

James looks at her as she sits on the coffee table in front of him.

James: are you being serious or just saying that because the kid is mine?

Becky: i'm being serious, for weeks i've wanted nothing more than to just kiss you and be with you again. if you can forgive me, i'd like to give us another try.

James looks down thinking. Becky lifts his head and looks into his eyes. James sees tears in her eyes, that's when he realises that she is being serious.

James puts his right hand on her left cheek. He carefully pulls her closer and kisses her. The pair smile then pull apart but put their foreheads together.

James: let's not let what happened before happen again

Becky: i agree on that one.

She sits on James' lap hugging him. He wraps his arms around her waist while hers went around his neck.

James is the first to remember his parents are still in the room. He smiles at them.

Undertaker: i'll talk to Hunter, try get you your job back

James: don't worry for now dad, i have a more important thing to worry about.

He places his hand on Becky's belly. She puts her hands on his and smiles. Undertaker and Michelle leave house, Becky and James spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching TV together.

The pair head up the stairs for bed.