Chapter 24

*the next week*

James has just arrived when he gets a phone call, it's from vince.

James: hello?

Vince: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN AEW?!

People look at him as they heard Vince shouting on the phone.

James: Vince you fired me 2 weeks ago. i never had a no compete clause in my contract if i quit or was fired, so you have not right to tell me where i can or can't compete.

He hangs up the phone with a smile. He walks into his personal locker room that Tony Khan gave him.

He walks in and sees a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice with 2 glasses next to it. James puts his bag down on the couch.

There is a knock at the door. He turns around seeing Chris Jericho.

James: sup Y2J

Jericho: sup man. how ya feeling? heard about the call with Vince

James: yeah, tried shouting about me being here. but i had nothing in my old contract about me not being here so, he can get fucked

Jericho: that's fair, i'm here see how you like it so far

*later that night*

Tony schiavone is in the ring.

Tony: ladie and gentlemen please welcome to the ring the man who made his shocking debut to AEW last week, James 'The Deadman' Calaway!

When the lyric kick in James walks out to a standing ovation. He walks to the ring. He steps in and pats Tony's back a little bit too hard.

James: sorry there Tony

Tony: it's alright James. James the wrestling world wants to know, why did you choose AEW?

James: the choice was simple. i watched every company to the best of my ability and when i was watching AEW caught my eye. that's because it reminded me of one of the greatest things to come from Philadelphia, ECW!

The crowd in philadelphia go crazy

James: what i saw reminded me of old ECW. the energy the wrestlers and fans all put into the show, the dangerous spots and some of the best matches of all time.

The crowd cheer again.

James: but i was stuck in WWE only being known as an Undertaker boot leg. i crave what i've seen from a lot of people in that locker room. i accepted Darby Allen's challenge because he's not like your everyday wrestler, no he's different and he's good at it.

Tony: on behalf of AEW i'd like to wel-

Jon Moxley walks out. The crowd lose their shit. He walks to the ring and climbs in looking at James.

James: what are you doing here Jon? aren't you still signed to WWE?

Jon: i am but there is a thing called, an invasion.

Before anything can happen James is attacked from behind. Once they back away Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns can be seen.

James fights them off the best he can but to no use until...

Darby and Sting run to the ring. They help fight off the shield. Darby helps James up, they nod to each other. James picks up a mic.

James: Boys you may have invaded AEW tonight but, with invasion come retaliation. So in short, see you friday night boys.