03. i fought the law

The group had decided to wait until lunch to plan their escape from the prison, and in the meantime, Ziggy anxiously paced her cell. She wrung her hands in anticipation, occasionally glancing next door at Gamora. Every time Ziggy glanced at Gamora, she sat in the same position; legs crossed with her back against the wall, and a blank stare as she looked at the wall ahead.

Gamora had popped into Ziggy's cell earlier to remind her of their lunchtime meeting, then retreated to her own space. Even though Ziggy still felt on edge around the woman - despite whatever their friendly interaction the previous night was - she figured she could temporarily trust her until she showed signs of betrayal towards the others and herself.

A knock sounded at the door, making Ziggy jump. She looked over to see Gamora, who waved her on. Stepping outside, Ziggy walked shoulder-to-shoulder with her down to the mess hall.

"I'm nervous," Ziggy murmured, making sure it didn't look like she was talking too obviously about something.

"We'll be fine. If it's true about the raccoon's escape count, we'll be okay. Minus a few outsider casualties." Gamora reassured her, glancing sideways at Ziggy.

"A few casualties?"

"You think we can escape prison without someone dying?"

Ziggy gulped as she eyed the group. Rocket, Peter, and Groot were already sitting at a table as they waited for the girls to arrive. Ziggy dropped into the seat next to Peter, as Gamora sat across her next to Rocket.

"Hey," Peter grins at her. "Ready to get outta here?"

"I guess so," Ziggy says, glancing upward at the tower of security guards. It was so heavily secured, she wondered how they were going to get out.

"If we're gonna get outta here, we need to get into that watchtower." Rocket started, following Ziggy's gaze upwards. Everyone looked up as well. "And to do that, I'm gonna need a few things. The guards wear security bands to control the ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave that to me." Gamora nods.

"That dude there," Rocket nods at a guy across the room, "I need his prosthetic leg."

"What?" Ziggy questioned, baffled, missing the way Rocket snickered slightly as he spoke.

"Yeah, I need it." Rocket defended. "I don't need the rest of him, he's useless. And finally - on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. Ya see it? There's a quarnyx battery behind it, a purplish box, green wires. To get into the watchtower, I definitely need it."

"More than that guy's leg?" Ziggy questions, wondering how pissed Rocket'd be if they didn't get it.

Rocket gave her a look. "Ya wanna get outta here?"

Ziggy pursed her lips together.

"How are we supposed to get it?" Gamora questioned.

"Well supposedly, these bald bodies find you attractive. So maybe you can work out some kind of trade." Rocket shrugged as he munched on his lunch.

"You must be joking." Gamora scoffed.

"It's 20 feet up in the air, how are we gonna get to it?" Peter asks, frowning.

Ziggy glanced about, wondering where Groot went. She then spotted him making his way towards the watchtower, her mouth fell open slightly as Groot stretched upward to the battery.

"It's in the middle of the most heavily guarded part of the prison, how are we gonna get it without being seen?" He continued, as Ziggy watched Groot in awe.