04. fooled around and fell in love

Ziggy stayed in her jumpsuit, sitting on one of the steps of the Milano, bouncing her leg as she sat away from the group. Everyone made themselves right at home, while Ziggy was still knotted up with nerves.

"You're still in the jumpsuit," Peter notes, standing in front of Ziggy as he glanced down at her.

She looked up. "My original outfit was embarrassing."

"None of us are gonna judge you," Peter reminded her, and Ziggy decided not to say that Gamora already had. "Here, I got some extra clothes lying around. They might be a bit big but they should fit for now."

He extended a hand, and Ziggy accepted it once again, as Peter pulled her up from her spot. Pulling her upwards, they realized there really wasn't a lot of space between them, and Ziggy flushed as she took a step back. She didn't miss the way Peter looked at her, how he scanned her before his eyes lingered a moment on her lips to meet her own.

"C'mon," Peter waved her along to wherever he slept when it was just him on the ship. "Where'd you say you were from?"

"I didn't," Ziggy murmured. But then, louder, "Dermitris."

"Never heard of it," Peter admits.

"We were a very peaceful planet. We often didn't get into trouble with others." Ziggy explained.

"Were?" Peter questioned, glancing over his shoulder at her. He dug around in his clothing bin, sorting through his clothes.

Ziggy looked away. He handed her a pair of sweatpants and an old ratted t-shirt she assumed was some Terra band, with a bunch of strange-looking humans on it.

"There's a bathroom around the corner if you wanna change."

Ziggy accepted the clothes, shuffling into the bathroom. She pulled herself free from the jumpsuit, her brown curly hair cascading her shoulders like a waterfall. Ziggy glanced at herself in the mirror for a moment. She felt dirty, it had been a few days since she was properly clean.

She pulled Peter's shirt over her head, before stepping into the pants and pulling them up. They were slightly loose, as he guessed, and Ziggy used the strings to tighten them slightly.

She stepped outside, carrying the jumpsuit in her arms. Peter had stayed waiting for her in his room, and he looked up at her when she entered.

"Something tells me you don't normally wear stuff like this. You look too good for it."

Ziggy blinked, not understanding fully. She couldn't tell if it was an insult or if he was flirting with her. She figured Peter could sense her confusion, as he only took the jumpsuit from her before heading out to the main room.

"Thanks...?" Ziggy questioned, following behind.

"Hey, hey hey!" Peter exclaims suddenly, watching Rocket take something apart from the ship and connect it to something he was building. "Ranger Rick! What are you doing?! You can't take apart my ship without asking me! What is this?"

Peter bends down to pick it up, but Rocket only eyes him as he continues to build. "Don't touch that. It's a bomb."

"A bomb?!"

"Yep."

"And you leave it laying around?!"

"I was gonna put it in a box!" Rocket exclaimed, opening a nearby drawer to find one.

"What's a box gonna do?" Peter demanded, glancing cautiously at the bomb.

"Is it... gonna go off?" Ziggy asked the more important question of the moment.