18. one way or another

Ziggy was severely anxious the entire time they flew, feeling incredibly guilty she couldn't fulfill Gamora's wish, even though she couldn't have done anything in the end. She bit at her nails as she paced the ship floor while Peter navigated through space.

"Stop pacing. You're stressing us out." Drax told her, crossing his arms.

Ziggy turned to him, scowling. "Oh really?"

"Ziggy!" Peter warned, glancing over his shoulder at the two. "Drax, be quiet."

"What? I did nothing wrong." He demanded.

Ziggy shook her head, ending the pacing as she stood behind Peter at his seat. "Any news?"

"Oh, I think we have something on the scanner..." He muttered, and floating into view was Thanos' ship.

"Thanos?" Ziggy murmured.

Peter glanced wearily at his remaining team. "Get ready. I don't want to lose anymore of our team, and keep on high guard at all times."

They landed the Milano aboard the ship, and wandered until they found an entrance. They raced forward and saw three figures standing further in - well, one was floating, and Peter launched one of his orbs into the ship. It exploded, sending the three flying.

"Thanos!" Drax yelled, launching his knife. One of the older men did a hand motion and an orange beam shot out, reflecting the knife. Then a cape flew forward, attacking Drax and sending him to the ground.

Ziggy furrowed her eyebrows, her powers sparked up as she turned to the trio. Upon further inspection, she noticed they all looked human, other than the one in the red and orange metal suit. She wasn't sure what he was underneath. Peter flew at him and shot him, and he shot back, also flying after Peter.

Ziggy jumped into action with Manis, chasing after the one in the spider looking suit. He seemed freaked out as he fell to the floor when Mantis' ateneas lit up.

"Woah! Please don't put your eggs in me!" He begged, scooting back as they approached. He shot webs at Mantis, making her incapable of moving. Ziggy threw up her beams to protect her and shot them at him, and he shouted in surprise. Ziggy never actually knew what happened to a human if she used her powers on them. Peter joined her side, shooting at him. Then the spider looking man grew arms from his back and he jumped at Peter and Ziggy, before Peter threw one of his electric ropes at him, wrapping him and sending him to the floor.

Drax still fought the cape at the entrance. "Die, blanket of death!!"

The man in the iron suit freed himself of Peter's trap and jumped forward, standing over Drax and powering his weapon at him. Peter grabbed the spider thing and put him in a chokehold and pointed his gun at him, facing the other group. Ziggy stood cautiously, standing in a fighting position as her powers stayed up.

"Everybody stay where you are, chill the eff out!" Peter warned. He removed his helmet, turning to the iron man. Ziggy looked at the wizard looking guy, curious to who he was. His powers seemed to match hers.

"I'm gonna ask you this one time, where is Gamora?" Peter demanded.

"Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" The iron man removed his helmet, revealing a middle aged man with short brown hair and a goatee.

"I'll do you one better - why is Gamora!" Drax shouted, and Ziggy sighed.

"Tell me where she is or I swear I'm gonna french fry this little freak."

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, and I'll blast him! Let's go!" Iron man yelled. His other arm shifted into a larger weapon pointed at Drax.

"Do it, Quill! I can take it." Drax exclaims.