epilogue. cosmic dancer

two years later

Ziggy yawned, rolling her head as she grabbed her things and clambered out of her car, shoving her keys into her pocket. Gazing upward at her home, she smiled softly before unlocking the door and shuffling inside, pulling her shoes off.

"Pete?" Ziggy calls, glancing about the house for him. The house was so uniquely theirs - after having resided on Terra (Ziggy has accidentally called the planet this many times around its habitants to which they always gave her a funny look) for a year at Peter's grandfather's, his grandfather and his wife had helped them buy their own home not too far away. It was decorated with all the things they loved, mainly music and eighties memorabilia, but Ziggy did have a house plant she had named Groot, as she did terribly miss their friends.

Despite this, she still loved Earth, countering its many wrongs. Ziggy wandered into their kitchen, glancing around for Peter, still not having found him, she heads outside, to where he is out there. She wraps her arms around his shoulders as she approaches him, and he turns his head and smiles at her.

"Hey, how was work?" He asks.

"It was good. The kids were good today." Ziggy tells him. She worked as an Elementary school professor, enjoying her job working with the kids. They often asked about her unusual shaped ears and kaleidoscope eyes, but in a world where the Avengers existed, it was pretty easy to explain to them. The kids loved hearing stories of when she had met the Avengers and fought with them to save Earth from Thanos.

"When are Jason and Cynthia coming over for dinner again?" She asks, glancing over at him.

"Oh, I think around 5. Do you want to start making dinner?" Peter asked her.

Ziggy glanced at the time. "Yeah, we probably should."

"Great, I'll help." Peter told her, taking her hand. He pulled her inside, spinning her in a dance style as he led her up the steps laughing.

Ziggy picked up the last plate as their dinner had come to an end, Jason and Cynthia had left about thirty minutes ago and they now were in the stages of cleaning up dinner. Ziggy met Peter at the kitchen counter, setting the final dish into the sink. She hummed, leaning over the sink and checking on her Groot plant that sat on the windowsill. A star twinkled outside, and she smiled softly.

Ziggy retreated back outside, sitting on their porch steps with her hands in her lap as she looked above at the stars, finding the little dipper and wondering where Knowhere was in relation to it. The screen door was open as music played in the background, and Ziggy closed her eyes at the warm Missouri air.

Peter hummed along, before glancing deviously at Ziggy. She felt his gaze and opened an eye, quirked an eyebrow at him, and he reached for her hands, pulling her into a dance. Ziggy laughs, smiling up at him as he spun her.

The song did bring back memories of the first time they ever danced together; "Fooled Around and Fell In Love." Ziggy smiles softly at the memory, thinking back to everything they had been through together.

"But I fooled around and fell in love," Peter sang along, making strange expressions at Ziggy as they danced.

She laughed, swaying along with him. "You're such a dork."

"Only for you." He smiles, and she hummed happily. Glancing again at the stars, Ziggy missed home. She wondered if she could see her friends from down here, or if they could see her from up there.

Peter glances at her — it was often Ziggy sat outside and watched the stars, missing their home, he recognized those moments when she got the far away look in her eyes. "You miss them."

Ziggy glances away. "I do. I do miss our friends, it's been forever since we've seen them and I wonder what it's like with them, what they've been through since and the memories they've made together there. I don't miss fighting wars but I love it here. And I love you."

He laughs softly. "Yeah, I don't miss nearly dying all the time either. I miss them, too. Maybe we can visit them again soon."

Ziggy looks up. "Really?"

"Of course, we'll stay there for a bit if you want. Not permanently, but awhile. A month, maybe?"

Ziggy nods. "I'd like that."

"You can tell Groot you named a plant after him." Peter snickers at her.

Ziggy's face flushes red and she smacks his shoulder. "Oh shut up, he'll never let it down if I tell him that."

"Well Groot probably is your favorite — do you still have the friendship bracelet you guys made?"

"Of course." Ziggy raised her left wrist where a green and purple bracelet lay. "But you are also my favorite."

"No way," Peter gasps dramatically. "I better be."

"Am I your favorite then?" She teases back, smiling up at him.

"Of course, I'm not gonna kiss the others when I want to."

Ziggy laughs. "Not even a goodnight kiss for Rocket?"

Peter bleghs, shaking his head. "Never. Might be my best friend, but not that way."

"I'm glad we have our own home, it's nice to settle down somewhere that's not a planet." Ziggy said.

"That's true." Peter agreed. He spun Ziggy again, pulling her back in and wrapping an arm around her. They swayed along to the guitar solo of the song, and Ziggy thought back to almost kissing Peter for the first time. She turned in his arms, looking up at him. "What?"

"I love you." She murmurs, holding onto him as they dance.

He smiled back. "I love you too."

Ziggy leaned in and kissed him, her eyes fluttering shut. Peter kissed her back, and things were perfect — the song switched mid kiss to "Come and Get Your Love", and Peter gasped excitedly, stepping back.

"Remember this song?" He spun ridiciously, making Ziggy laugh again.

"Of course, how could I forget?" She watched the man she loved dance in front of her, Ziggy shaking her head as she laughed. But she couldn't help it as she joined in, dancing with Peter.

FIN.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

brady speaks :: hello!! thank you so much for reading cosmic dancer, i can't believe it's over now. i appreciate every vote, comment, and read, and i'm glad you enjoyed ziggy as much as i did. <3