28. science fiction/double feature

"Uh... what are we gonna do?" Ziggy asks, glancing between Peter and Gamora. Gamora glanced at her then the guards.

"I have a plan."

"What is it?" Peter asked. The second a security guard came around the corner, Gamora shot him and wrapped her arm around Ura, pulling her closer.

"Everybody, lower your weapons or I blow this womans brains out!" Gamora shouts, pointing the gun at her head.

"That's your plan?!" Peter cried.

"Lower your weapons!" Ura screamed, terrified. Confused, the guards slowly did so.

"Let's kill that one that looks like a carrot to show we mean business." Gamora said, and the guys' eyes widened. The guy surprisingly did look like a carrot; with orange skin and a green tuft of hair.

"Past Gamora is mean." Peter frowned as they slowly backed out of the room toward the elevator.

"Back off!" Gamora warned the guards.

Ziggy grabbed her comm to contact Groot. "Groot, bring the Bowie to us!"

"I'm so sorry about this, Ura." Peter whispered to her once the elevator doors closed.

"Oh please." Gamora sighed, rolling her eyes.

"We're just here to save the life of our friend. We paid her to help us get in and out, and her she is, shooting people instead of being subtle about it." Peter told her.

"Right, because your "Star Lord charm" would've helped out way better." Ziggy rolled her eyes.

Peter frowned and glanced at her. "It worked on you before."

She gave him a look. "And whose fault is it that it doesn't work anymore?"

Thankfully for Ziggy, the elevator door opened and the group rushed out. Guards were already on the floor, and Gamora took Ura to the security hub as Ziggy and Peter held off the guards until they ran after Gamora and Ura.

"Everybody down on the floor or we blow your brains out!" Gamora warned. Alarmed, the people stood and raised their arms.

"We don't want any —" One started, but Gamora shot her in the leg and she fell to thei ground screaming. Glancing over her shoulder, Ziggy watched as the security beat Mantis, Drax, and Nebula to the point of surrender. Ziggy turned to face Ura.

"Please, we need your help. We need to get this out of here safely to be able to save our friend. You could understand that, right? Wouldn't you go through this to save your friends or family? Please, allow me onto the intercom to try and keep them down so we can save our friends life." Ziggy pleads, looking at the woman with wide eyes.

"They're corporate shills, they're not gonna listen to you!" Gamora scoffed.

"Shut up! They will, if they understand where we're coming from." Ziggy argued. She turned back to Ura. "Please?"

Ura turned, activating the security, but the security began firing on them. Turning, Ura looked up at Ziggy. "You're in."

Ziggy glanced at Peter and nodded, and he slid into the seat typing away.

"Tell them your truth." Ura said.

"We just needed to get into the system." Ziggy shrugged, looking at her. She then turned to Peter and grinned. "And whose charm worked?"

Rolling his eyes, Peter typed into the system as he turned the gravitational pull off. The Guardians turned and left, helping the others up as Groot crashed the Bowie into the wall.