10. mr blue sky

The Guardian's next stop was The Sovereign, where supposedly, Nebula had been reported attempting to steal their highly needed batteries. To protect them, they hired the Guardians to help defend the batteries from a beastly creature wanting them.

Sitting on the platform, Ziggy laced up her boots as she glanced around to gather details about their surroundings. Ziggy had put on Rocket's aero-rig pre leaving the Milano for protection, and she stood now, adjusting the belt on her waist. Pulling it from the sheath it sat in, Ziggy swung the sword in her hand.

Holding some device to track the monster, Peter did a double take, looking back at Ziggy. "Since when did you use swords?"

"What?"

"Isn't that Gamora's? I thought you had your powers." He told her.

"I don't really know how to use it yet, you think that'll really help me in battle?" Ziggy questioned, frowning.

"I dunno, it has before so..." Peter trailed off, glancing at her again.

Ziggy shook her head, glancing at the rest of the crew. Rocket had drug out speakers from the Milano and was hooking them up while everyone stood around waiting.

"Drax!" Gamora exclaimed then, turning her head towards him. "Why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero rigs?!"

"It hurts." He murmurs.

"It hurts?"

"I have sensitive nipples." He responded sheepishly.

Rocket burst into maniacal laughter, making fun of Drax. "My nipples hurt, oh goodness me!"

Drax scowled and pointed at Rocket. "What about him? What's he doing?"

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work." Rocket retorted, picking up a few more pieces to continue fixing it.

"How is that a priority?" Drax asked.

"I dunno, blame Quill! He's the one who loves music so much." Rocket exclaimed, waving a hand as he spoke.

"Uh, I actually agree with Drax - it's really not that important," Peter adds.

"Oh, okay. Sure, Quill." Rocket says sarcastically, before winking at him, which was completely obvious to Drax. Ziggy pursed her lips together, giving Gamora a look, who only rolled her eyes in response. Sometimes it was difficult being the only two females in a group that was the majority of men, especially when it came to stupid bickering or innuendos that Ziggy didn't fully understand yet.

"I can clearly see you winking."

"Damn it, I'm using my left eye?"

Groot came running by then, punching an Orloni and nearly tripping on his feet. It was interesting to see Groot their size now, although Ziggy was getting more used to baby Groot now.

He turned to face Rocket. "I am Groot."

"They were not looking at you funny!" Rocket sighed.

There was a bang then, and a jolt followed. An opening appeared in the sky followed by an array of colors. Ziggy spun the sword again and stepped into a battle position, gripping the sword tightly with both hands as she watched the creature fall to the ground.

Everyone charged the moment the creature landed, and the music finally kicked in - Electric Light Orchestra's "Mr. Blue Sky" began playing. Ziggy launched herself at the creature, swinging her sword at it. Peter flew by on his rocket boots, blasting shots at the creature.

She watches as Peter gets swung back by one of the tentacles, and her eyes widen. She glanced about quickly, watching as one of the battery holders exploded. Ziggy grimaced, attempting to activate her powers. Closing her eyes, she struggled to start them up. She tried to picture it as a growing ball in her mind, but the sound of explosions and Gamora's gunfire around her distracted her.