06. cherry bomb

Peter had been pulled off of Ziggy forcefully, and they dragged him towards their leader, whom Ziggy had recognized seeing on Knowhere. Yondu began beating on Peter, startling Ziggy.

"You betrayed me! And stole my money!" Yondu shouted, punching Peter again in the stomach, making Peter double over.

"Stop it!" Ziggy cried, struggling against the grip the ravengers had on her.

"When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you! They ain't never tasted Terran before. I saved your life!"

"Oh, will you shut up about that?! God! Twenty years you've been throwing that in my face like it's some kind of great thing, not eating me! Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me. You stole me from my home and from my family." Peter argued.

"You don't give a damn about your Terra! You're scared 'cause you're soft in here!" He smacked Peter's chest where his heart was.

"Hey! Stop! We need to be working together!" Ziggy begged, looking at the ravengers, then at Yondu. "Ronan has one of the Infinity Stones."

"I know what he has, princess." Yondu sneered, recognizing Ziggy.

"Then we have to stop him! We can't let him use it. He'll destroy Xandar then the galaxy!"

"Is that what she's been fillin' your head with, boy?" Yondu glanced at Peter. "Sentiment? Eating away at your brain like maggots?!"

Yondu shook his head, drawing back his jacket. He whistled, and a magical arrow flew out, resting right on Peter's throat as it levitated in the air.

"No! Stop!" Ziggy shouts, struggling again.

"Sorry boy, but a captain's gotta teach his men what happens to those who cross him."

"Captain's gotta teach stuff!" One agreed, who had pulled Ziggy and Peter apart earlier.

"If you kill me now, you are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen," Peter told him.

"The stone? I hope you got something better than that because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan."

"We got a ringer," Peter told him, referring to Gamora's knowledge of Ronan.

"Is that so?"

"She knows everything about him. What about that, Yondu? Me and you, taking down a mark side by side, like the old days." Peter laughs awkwardly, hoping it had worked. Yondu narrowed his eyes at him, before whistling again and the arrow went back to its resting place at his hip. He laughs, and the rest of the ravengers joined in.

Yondu pulled Peter free, swinging an arm around his shoulder. The ravengers who held Ziggy loosened their grip, and Ziggy broke free, scowling at them.

They heard a loud rumble, shaking the entire ship. Everyone froze, glancing around and the room fell into silence. Another shot and the clan raced towards the windows of Yondu's ship.

Outside was the Milano, pointed at the ship and firing upon them. On top of the Milano stood Drax, holding a huge gun.

"Attention idiots," Rocket's voice spoke to the group. "The lunatic on top of this craft is holding a Hadron Enforcer. It's a weapon of my own design."

"What the hell?" Yondu murmured.

"If you don't hand over our companions now, he's gonna tear your ship a new one. A very big new one!"

"I ain't buyin' it."

"He definitely will!" Ziggy protested, looking at Yondu.

"I'm gonna give you to the count of five. 5 - 4 - 3 - "