23. i don't know what christmas is

Ziggy was walking along the bridges of Knowhere with Nebula, Drax, Mantis and Kraglin, as Kraglin brought up that it was actually close to the time of year where Terrans celebrated Christmas. As a majority of the Guardians had no idea what it was, Kraglin gave a quick rundown of the holiday for them to understand. He then recounted one year where as a child, Peter had tried to get the Ravengers to celebrate the holiday, but Yondu had dismissed the idea quickly, even going as far as rejecting Peter's gift to him and knocking the Christmas tree over.

Her people had a holiday like this; instead of multiple a year like Terrans, they instead celebrated once a year when the planet orbited the moon fully. They stopped in front of the lookout of Knowhere's common grounds, glancing over the area.

"And that's how Yondu ruined Christmas forever." Kraglin finalized the story, shaking his head. Drax burst out laughing, and everyone glanced at him, giving him a look.

"I liked the part where Yondu kicked over the tree," Drax said as he chuckled to himself.

"You really need to learn social cues." Ziggy shook her head.

"I just saw on the Multi Calendar that right now on Earth, it's almost Christmas." Kraglin told them.

"Yondu had a point, ever since buying Knowhere from the Collector, we don't have time for trivialities like Christmas." Nebula spoke. "This place needs a lot of fixing up before it's livable."

"I reckon we've got work to do." Kraglin agrees, and he and Nebula split from the group, leaving behind Drax, Mantis, and Ziggy.

"That was such a heartbreaking story." Mantis says sadly.

"I know! I hate stories where everybody lives." Drax said.

"It sounds like Christmas is a wonderful time, and Yondu ruined it for Peter. I feel like I should do something." Mantis tells them.

"Why?" Drax asked.

Mantis glances at Ziggy cautiously. "You know, of my secret? The one that only you know..."

"Are you keeping secrets from us?" Ziggy asked, looking at her.

"What secret, the one that you ate the entire bowl of zarg nuts in the commissary?" Drax asked.

"My other secret." Manti scoffed.

"Oh!" Drax exclaimed, then turned to Ziggy. "Mantis is Quill's sister."

If Ziggy had a drink, she definitely would've spat it out. "What?! When did you find this out?"

"I've known, but I haven't told him because our father killed his mother, and I don't want him to be reminded of it every time he sees me." Mantis worries.

"Oh, Mantis." Ziggy sighs. "He knew you as a good person before that, I don't think he'd blame you at all."

Mantis glances at her. "Maybe with me as his sister, and you as his girlfriend, we should work together to bring him a happy Christmas."

"Well, we could give him those zarg nuts, but you ate them all." Drax shrugged.

"Get over the zarg nuts!" Mantis yells at him.

"What kind of present?" Drax asks then.

"Something he'll never forget." Mantis beams.

"I'll help." Ziggy offers herself, nodding in agreement at Mantis.

"What about someone special? Over the years, he's talked about one person more than any other. A legendary hero who has saved countless lives. We could give him to Quill as a present!" Drax exclaims.