Returning

Lapis POV
'I continued deeper into the planets ocean. I didn't really care for it. I just wanted to leave. This place was my prison.' I thought to myself. I continued the journey walking across the sea floor. Finding a suitable location to begin the process of returning home. My Gem was cracked, and I wasn't able to just fly away. That's why I need to use the ocean of this planet to make my escape. If I could just stretch it far enough, maybe I'll be able to reach home. It was farfetched, but this was the only thing that came to mind. I've reached my destination. I began to use my powers that would bind the water together to make a tower leading into the sky. The water around me began to shift upwards as the tower was being built. I slowly kept rising further up and soon breached out of the ocean and continued rising higher. I looked around to see the endless blue making its way towards me. I was hoping this would work, but I was skeptical for a reason. Even if I could get all the planet water here, would it be enough for me to reach home? What other choice do I have? I don't remember the locations of warp pads or if they were still functional. I soon noticed the air around me was becoming thinner. It didn't affect me since gems don't need to breathe. It was strenuous to continue my efforts, but I needed to return home. I wanted to return to Peridot. I had promised her that I would return and I don't fail my promises. I was now outside of the planets atmosphere and now saw the stars that were visible. I began to look around until I noticed my star. Homeworld was within my reach. I could see it. But it became evident that the planets' water wouldn't take me much further than here. With all my efforts, I couldn't reach far enough to get home. I was starting to become desperate, not trying to accept that this was my fate. To never return home and see the gem I cared for. Until I sensed something. There was something different, and it was at the bottom of my tower. I sent a mimic that would allow me to see what's at the bottom. Then I saw them. My captors. But along with them was my friend Steven. They were all here to stop me. "You shouldn't be here!" I shouted. As I then began to mimic the gems and Steven using my power. They charged quickly towards my mimics, which held their ground bravely. Any move the gems threw was countered by my mimics. It seemed obvious that this battle was mine. I wouldn't allow them to stop me from getting home. The Steven mimic began to form an orb that would be used to attack my old friend. As the mimic threw its orb, it was deflected by Steven. "I don't want to fight!" Steven shouted. Which caused all of the other mimics to disappear. "I'm coming up there. So please don't drown me." Steven said. I allowed him to enter and quickly brought to Steven to the top. "What are you doing here?" I questioned. "Well, I am here to ask what you're doing." Steven answered. "Trying to get home, I need to get home. I thought if I could stretch this far enough, I could get home." I said. "What are you here for Steven?" I asked. "Well, you took a very important part of my home. But if you're looking for help, I could repair your gem." Steven said. "Really? How does it work?" I asked. "Well, you should look the other way, and I'll be done." Steven said. I trusted his judgment as I felt something cold hit my Gem. I shuddered at his touch, but I felt my strength return to me as well as my wings. "Thank you, Steven!" I said. "No prob, Bob." Steven said to me. "It's Lapis. Well, thanks." As I began my journey to homeworld letting go of the tower of water that began breaking down. 'I'm coming Peridot I'll be home soon and we will be reunited once again'. I thought to myself with a smile forming on my face as I flew faster.