Prying Eyes

A/N (Same day just in Lapis POV. Didn't really want to rewrite the early part of Peridot arriving and dropping her off so we are starting at the part where Peridot had left to meet Jasper.)

Lapis POV
I sat down next to Sapphire, making myself comfortable. "Hello Lapis. I hope Peridot didn't give you too much trouble while interrogating you." Sapphire said. "Peridot didn't give me any trouble at all, Sapphire. I was glad Peridot took over interrogations from Jasper." I said. "Good to hear, Lapis. But you should be worried about Peridot. She's taking a huge risk to protect you from Jasper. In many futures, Jasper will attempt to harm you two. In many of them, Peridot will attempt to protect you. Rather, she succeeds or fails. Peridot cares about you. It's only a matter of time before she realizes it." Sapphire said. Peridot cares? Did Peridot change the tactics of interrogation solely to get more information or to get me away from Jasper? Peridot allowed me to have 'Steven' and allowed me to be in here when she interrogated. Peridot really does care about my well-being. "Lapis? I'm sorry to interrupt, but Peridot will be returning soon, obviously upset. It may be wise to try to talk to her." Sapphire said. What does Sapphire mean by "upset"? What happened? Does it have to deal with Jasper? I hope Jasper didn't give Peridot too hard of a time. I was about to say something till Peridot opened the door leading into the room. Peridot, obviously injured by something, came limping towards us. "I need you two and the Zircon to follow me, and I'll lead you back to your cells." Peridot said. "Peridot? What happened?" I asked. "Nothing worth noting. Don't worry about me, okay? Just follow me." Peridot said. All three of us began to follow Peridot. It was obvious something bad had happened to Peridot. All I could think that would've caused this would have been by Jasper. I was so lost in my thought process that I didn't realize that the other two were dropped off. I needed to know what happened before Peridot dropped me off into my cell. So I reached out and grabbed Peridot's shoulder. "Peridot. What happened?" I asked. "You really want to know? I'm Jasper's number one enemy now." Peridot said. Jasper is already trying to hurt Peridot? All because of me? Peridot opened the field and motioned for me to get in. I did what Peridot requested. "Peridot. Why don't you stay here with me? If Jasper wants to hurt you and you're already hurt, wouldn't it be best to be safe in here?" I asked. Peridot thought for a moment and nodded. Peridot entered the cell with me and closed the field now, being the two of us in this cell. "I feel horrible. I'm just going to take some time to rest." Peridot said. I simply nodded. Peridot sat down on the hard steel floor. I decided to comfort Peridot in her time of need. I sat down close to Peridot. Slowly scooting over to her and layed my head onto her shoulder. Peridot didn't resist or show any signs of discomfort. So I figured it was alright. I looked over to Peridot, seemingly asleep already. I slowly reached over to take off the visor that she always wore. I gentlely took it off of her face and placed it nearby so she could grab it later. Without her visor in the way her gem began to project her dream.

*Start of Dream*
A/N (This portion is Lapis' interpretation of Peridot's dream)
"Peridot, you're needed in the meeting room. Make it quick." A voice demanded. Peridot quickly walked down the hall to meet the voice that had demanded for her. Peridot entered the supposed meeting room looking for the figure that had requested for Peridot. "So you think you can walk over me, huh? I thought about what you said, how Yellow Diamond gave you control over the prisoners, but she didn't give you control over me. Now I'll play your game of not harming the prisoners any further, but I'll be doing much more to you." Peridot turned around and saw Jasper. as Jasper reached for a destabilizer. As she had it firmly in her grasp, she lunged at Peridot with the weapon in her hands. Peridot managed to dodge at the last second and raised her arm to shoot a blast of energy at Jasper. Before Peridot could, Jasper slammed Peridot into a wall, knocking Peridot down. Peridot quickly brought herself up and looked at Jasper charging once more at Peridot. Peridot tried to dodge, but Jasper collided with Peridot , ramming her into the wall, causing it to break with Jasper continuing her charge with Peridot being dragged along. Jasper stopped suddenly, causing Peridot to fall forward away from Jasper. Peridot got up once more heavily, panting trying to catch her breath even if it wasn't necessary. Jasper attempted to strike Peridot with her weapon but failed to meet her target. Due to Peridot moving further back, Peridot brought her cannon up once more. able to get a shot off that hit Jasper directly. Jasper didn't go down. It made her more furious. Jasper tried to attack once more but was brought down due to her injuries from Peridot's cannon. "You've might've won this little fight, Peridot. But I'll get you back." Taunted Jasper. She got up and limped away from Peridot.