02 | The Family

______________________________________________________________________________

Song - Naan Un Background music (attached above)

________________________________________________________________________________

02 | The Family

"Miss Rao?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Need any help?"

"No sir." Adjusting the dupatta properly around her shoulders, she continued. "I have already arranged all my clothes in the closet. Thank you."

"That's good, It's already nine-thirty pm, so--------how about dinner?"

There was no point in denying him because, by this time, it almost felt like an elephant was hopping around in her stomach.

"Sure."

They sauntered out of the bedroom into the long passage hall.

He was dressed in a pair of black tracks and a white polo tee.

She assessed her own self---black pants, a short white khadi kurta, and a cotton Bandhani dupatta wrapped around her shoulder, neck, and chest.

She then proceeded to appraise her surroundings.

Leaving aside the room that she now shared with the premier of the Dogra Empire, which was vernacular-styled, the entire Dogra Manor was colonial-themed. She could see traces of Victorian architecture. Portraits and art pieces from different periods graced the walls of the colonial manor that was passed down through different generations of the Dogra clan - a prominent business kinship group of Asia. Its flooring resembled the flooring of The Durbar Hall at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Persian carpet in aristocratic hues, with cypress tree motifs, seemed to be woven with utmost intricacy and precision. The scale of the Dogra manor was overwhelming and thoroughly well-maintained. Its gigantic off-white walls and interior with royal gold and blood-red murals stood as a proud testimony of its previous owners, with antique wall lamps having uniform gaps in between. The majestic Central Dome nestled under it the largest crystal chandelier she had ever seen.

She turned her head to the front. The current head of the family and the construction sovereign of Asia - Mahadevan Dogra - her husband was walking in front of her. The man she had read about on Business-India, Fortune, Bloomberg, GQ & Forbes Magazines, whose interviews she had watched on news channels was now her husband. All this seemed so unreal that she felt out of place.