10 | The Tigress And Her Cub

________________________________________________________________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ENJOY THE UPDATE!

Song - The Horizon of Saudade. (from Dil Bechara)

Play it while reading the chapter.

Total word count - 2548

________________________________________________________________________________

10 | The Tigress And Her Cub

"What's the temperature?" Cozily wrapping the quilt around the boy's squishy body, Hinduja hugged him to her sternum, distinctly feeling the heat emanating from his tiny frame even through the thickness of the quilt.

"101." Mahadevan mouthed while closing the cap of the digital thermometer.

Anxiety rushed through her veins even before she knew it. "I am calling Vijay bhai or-----better than that----let's take him to Apollo now. Trauma Center toh khula hi hoga na abhi bhi?" Saying so, she leaned back to fetch her phone from the side table kept next to the four-poster bed, her off-white Cashmere shawl fluttering along with her careful manoeuvres in an effort to not awaken the sleeping toddler in her dainty arms.

"No, don't." He raised his extended palm as a sign to stop her. "It's practically ten pm in the night now, Inu. Vijaypath bhai lives around two hours away from here, I don't think it's feasible to call him here at this hour. And we don't need to rush anywhere, I'll call Anirudh's pediatric physician from Medwin Hospital, okay?" He breathed into her ears, cupping her cheek.

"Fine, call him asap." She paused, trying to stabilize her perturbed breathing. "Normally, kids within the age range of three months to three years with a temperature higher than 102.2°F should be immediately taken to a doctor. He is already down with 101°F, so the sooner the doctor arrives, the better."

"Okay, I'll call him right away." Saying so, he got up from the bed fetching his phone from above the wireless charger, "And, Inu?" He about-faced a bit.

"Ji?" She looked up at him, her Stygian eyes turning a degree glossier every passing second.

"Calm down, I have never seen you become so panic-stricken before. Drop that! I have never seen my wife panic at all. Trust me, it is typical for children to feel under the weather at times. Everything will be fine, okay?" He assured her in a gentle tone.