17 | Home Is Where The Heart Is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count - 6000 [Long Update Alert]

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!

Note - The next chapter will be update after 120 votes only.

Song - Laakh Duniya Kahe (Talaash)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 | Home Is Where The Heart Is

3rd May 2023 (Evening, 1700 hrs.)

ASP Jishu George scratched the back of his hand as his gaze averted to the lady in a saree standing before him. "So, where do we start from?" He asked.

The other seven figures in her vicinity immediately straightened their spinal columns in attentiveness.

Shrugging her shoulders, Hinduja pointed her pitch-black irises at the entrance of the Special Investigation Unit's general headquarters. "Let Raghav sir come first." She said.

Everyone nodded.

As if on record, Raghav Katoch stepped out of the massive government edifice and strode towards them, clutching a green-colored file in his right hand.

"Alright, everyone, let's start with recording the testimonies of the aggrieved families of all the victims." The DCP announced, just as he reached the car parking area, where all nine members of his team were erect on their toes.

"But Saab ji, there are 455 families in total that we need to visit as of now, and god forbid, but the numbers will only increase in the coming days. So, where do we even begin the questioning from?" SI Daleep Bedi put forward a query.

Raghav peered at the interim forensic profiler for a second and then shifted his gaze back to the sub-inspector, who was scratching his forehead. "I have a solution for that." Saying so, he opened the file in his hand, scanned its contents with a keen gaze, and lifted his head again. "There are a total of ten people on the team. So, how about we create five squads of two members each and then divide the years in which these abductions took place among each squad?"

"It seems like a good plan." Hinduja said while the others bobbed their heads up and down.

"Okay then, ASP Rukmini Desai and SI Daleep Bedi?" Raghav started calling out the names.