16 | The Correlations

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and share.

PLEASE COMMENT! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE READERS ARE THINKING.

Note - The next chapter will be updated after 110 votes.

Word count - 3750

Song - 

1. When a snail falls in love (starting BGM) [Play it while reading Hinduja's office part]

2. Lights are On (Instrumental) [Play it while reading Mahadevan's part]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 | The Correlations

"Yes, Yadav ji?"

Shrouding the toddler's tubby body with a coverlet, she got up from the bed and sauntered out of the bedroom.

"Yes, Madam?" Assistant Sub Inspector Maninder Yadav's voice rolled out from the other side.

"Can you please mail me the details of the victims? All 452 of them?"

"All the details, madam?"

"Yes, everything, including their pictures, if we have them in the records."

"Sure, Madam, I'll try to email them all to you in half an hour, but there is a small issue, madam."

"What sort of issue?"

"Madam, these abductions have been occurring for the last ten years now, so although our department was sufficiently equipped in terms of technical prowess back in 2014 as well, I fear that the records of some girls are partially lost, like some photographs and other stuff."

She sighed as she sat down on the living room sofa. Her eyes automatically averted to the antique Howard Miller grandfather clock perched in the left quarter of the colossal family lounge.

"Alright, that's fine with me. Just email me whatever you get, okay?"

"Sure, madam, Jai Hind!"

"Jai Hind."

The familiar old melody of the Westminster chime reverberated in the living room as the clock struck twelve, and she immediately budged her gaze towards the door for the umpteenth time.