Chapter 27 - Tough Decisions

Knowing that a large gang of rapists and murderers were just around the corner was a sobering revelation.

We, sorry I... debated killing Randell right there and then. I got very close to shoving my knife deep into his eye socket, when Daryl stepped in and reminded me that what we do with him was a group decision.

I scowled at him. Since when was he the voice of reason? I went to stand, making it look as though I was conceding, which in turn made him do the same. As he was distracted, I drew back the blade and forced it into the unconscious man's shoulder.

"For fuck sake..." Daryl mumbled from next to me, as he crossed his arms over that thick chest of his. He was just peeved he wasn't the one that got to stab him. I looked at him all innocently and batted my eyelashes. "Sorry, I slipped..."

I wasn't going to let Randell off that lightly, and to be honest, he was lucky it was just the shoulder. Daryl rolled his eyes and shook his head, but I saw that gorgeous smile pulling at his lips as he walked off.

"Ya fuckin' scary ya know..." he muttered as he held open the door for me. Being called scary is a thousand times better then being called cute, so it made a huge grin cross my face. "You really think so?"

We exited the shed and left the boy to slowly bleed out on the floor. "Yeah, it's hot." What came next wasn't my finest moment, as I literally fell down the stairs and flopped face first in the grass.

I didn't move for a good few seconds and the twat burst out laughing. How the fuck was I supposed to be scary if I couldn't even handle a spot of flirting? It was either that, or stairs and I were mortal enemies.

"Do ya need a hand?" he asked, and I could hear him trying so hard to hold back his chuckle. I was still in shock at how open he just was, and also the fact that I had evidently swooned.

"No, it's okay. I'm just going to die here." I said from the ground with a mouth full of grass, as I awkwardly waved him off. He bent down, scooped his hands under my waist and hauled me up to my feet.

I turned to look at him and asked "You think I'm hot, Daryl Dixon?" His face turned pink but he didn't shy away. He turned his head and started scratching the back of his head nervously. "Well... yeah."

I didn't even hide the little dance I did. The sexy redneck thought I was hot! Get in! I stood close to him, our chests nearly touching as I patted his cheek. "You're not too bad yourself, babe."

I virtually skipped away, completely forgetting about my bruises. I was one happy motherfucker and there was no way a little bit of pain was going to dampen my mood.

Daryl nearly had to run to catch up with me, but we eventually accompanied each other back to the group. As expected, they had all flocked together around camp and were discussing Randell.

"Is there a plan? We gonna keep him here?" I heard T-Dog say, before every set of eyes landed on us as we drew closer. My brother stood from his spot closed the distance between us.

"Boy there's got a gang. Thirty men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't lookin' to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna..." Daryl's eyes fluttered between me, Carol, Lori and Andrea.

I was slightly disappointed he grouped me in that category... I was better off being classed as one of the guys, and he of all people knew that. Just because I had a vagina, did not mean I couldn't handle myself.

"They're gonna wish they were..." I heard Lori gasp and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. Carol stepped up towards Daryl and grabbed his hands, glancing over his bloodied knuckles.