Chapter 44- The Favor

"When am I ever going to need to know how to diagram a sentence?" I sigh, leaning into Brett. I shift to lay my head in his lap.

"Never. But I think that's the point," He sighs, pushing a stray piece of hair out of my face. He leans down and slowly plants a kiss on my forehead.

"So guess what?" I lean up too quick, hitting his lip with my forehead.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I grab his shoulders as he clutches his lip.

"Yeah I'm fine. I think," he laughs, licking his lips.

"Are you sure? I have a really hard head," I smile, grabbing his face.

"Yeah." He leans in about to kiss me, before pulling away, teasingly. "So listen. I know that you get to stop wearing your brace tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"I have a favor to ask."

Oh great.

"No, no, it's not that bad. I think?"

"You think?"

"It's really not that bad. So, I have have a younger brother. His name is Pete. And I was supposed to babysit him tomorrow. But now I have that big final because in a few weeks it's Christmas. I promised Pete I would take him present shopping."

"Aww. You're such a good big brother. But what era is the name Pete from?"

"Shut up. My parents are big Top Gun fans. So are you in?"

"There isn't any characters named Pete in Top Gun. I've seen the movie like a bazillion times," I roll my eyes.

"Obviously you haven't seen it enough. Maverick isn't his real name, his real name is Pete Mitchell," Brett doubles over laughing at me.

"You can't blame me. I was a little distracted by the hot abs and shirtless scenes," I wink.

"So will you do it?" He says, clearly trying to change the subject.

"Fine, but I am not paying for any of his gifts, and I want a kiss," I joke.

"I got it covered, don't worry. And no kissing. I think you broke my face with your hard head."

Ouch. Harsh.

"Does my Bwett's wittle face need a smoochie woochie to make it awl better?" I coo in a baby voice.

"No, he needs some food. Ha! Rejected!" He smirks, sticking his tongue out and licking my nose.

"GROSS! Brett! That's disgusting!" I wipe his saliva onto his baby blue polo shirt.

"Ooh, now I don't need to wash this shirt!" He jokes.

"You are disgusting."

"I know, but that is only one reason why you love me," He smiles. His eyes soften, and a sort of panic fills me.

Is he going to say it? I mean it? I don't think I'm ready to say it back. It took me forever to say it to Marcus.

"Casey? Are you okay? You look like you are about to pee yourself," his voice is calm and soothing.

"I'm fine. It's okay," I breathe. Relief washes over me. And I feel myself smile.

He didn't say it. He hasn't said it yet. That means I don't have to say it back yet.

"C'mon we have to finish this lesson," he puts his serious face on.

"Uhg fine."

....................

Woo hoo! Short chapter! I wanted to give the long chapters a break for awhile.

So how do you think it's going to go with Pete? Who enjoyed my Top Gun reference in there ;)

Attached picture is of Pete "Maverick" Mitchell from Top Gun. Why? Just because. And if you have never seen that movie, go watch it. Right now.