Chapter 24- The Homecoming Dress

That Saturday was spent like true popular girls.

When I first woke up, I was greeted with the hazel eyes of Della.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" Della shouted in my ear. She had spent the night at my house after our football team lost majorly. We may be rich, and have nice uniforms and fields, but that doesn't mean our players know their right from left.

She yanks the covers off, exposing my bare legs to the cold morning air.

"UP, UP! BUSY DAY TODAY! HOMECOMING DRESSES CANNOT WAIT!" Della shouts, pulling me off the bed.

Homecoming, not for another month, is a point of pride at Crumberlin. Since we were the most prestigious Academy in the region, we are known for having one of the most prestigious Homecomings in the region. You think I'm kidding?

News reporters come from miles away to cover the big event. It's like a mini red carpet event. Since most of the people who attend the academy are rich(and/or famous) they can afford designer dresses made by some of the hottest designers in the world.

It's sponsored, and usually features a popular band or singer for half the night. Last year, it was some band with five guys singing about a girl not understanding how beautiful she actually is. This year I heard something about Pentatonix? You have to keep in mind, we are one of the richest schools in the country.

And don't even get me started on prom.

Della disappeared into the bathroom, and I heard the shower water turn on.

"CASEY CARSON! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE BEFORE I HAVE TO UNDRESS YOU MYSELF," She screamed to me. I was pretty sure the whole world heard that.

I moped my way into the bathroom, nearly jumping out of my skin at the sight of my eyeliner running down my cheeks. Sad clown is a good look for absolutely no one. Not even clowns. Far away. Stay far far away.

I pull my shirt over my head, hitting my elbow on the wall in the process.

"OW!" I wince as Della rushes in.

"Are you kidding me?" She said when she sees me holding my elbow. "I thought you slipped and died or something. You big baby."

I glared at her, shoving her out and locking the door, trapping in the steam.

I stepped in under the water.

"DELLA! WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS? YOU TURNED ON THE COLD WATER!" I steam at her. Outside the door I hear hysterical laughing.

I turn the water to warm and hug the shower wall until it heats up. Once I can feel it getting warmer I step under and feel my muscles relax.

"What took you so long?" Della says. She is on my Netflix scrolling through movies. I roll my eyes and go into my closet to get dressed.

It's Saturday. That means no uniform, and no dress code. I pull on a super cute crop top I got from our trip to the mall last time we skipped school.

The crop top is a sheer lacy top layer over a hot pink bottom layer. I paired it with high waisted black shorts, and a black necklace with the periodic table element Carbon on it. It is just a flashback to my inner geeky side. I slip on a pair of hot pink converse, and pull my damp hair into a bun.

"Let's go. I don't want to be late. You know how Courtney gets when we don't show up," Della whines.

"Awe c'mon, you can't keep referring back to that one time," I stand up for Courtney.

"Really? We were 10 minutes late and she thought she was on a prank show. She started going through the trash cans looking for a hidden camera."

"Okay, fine, it was pretty funny."