Chapter 70- The Blame

I stare at my beautiful Casey's face, the face that had been smiling just a short hour ago. The face once filled with joy, and happiness. I watch until the color completely drains from her face, and her blood drains from her small body.

As I watch the blood soak thru her expensive, designer gown, only one thought manages to form clearly, "Oh sh** that's Chiffon". She is dying and the only coherent thought I can manage is thinking about her clothing. I wish I was kidding.

After I manage to get over that incredibly stupid moment, the full force of the event that just unfolded fills my mind. I start screaming her name at the top of my lungs.

I want to go over to her, to hold her, but Luxembourg still has me held at gunpoint. I look at her face, her eyes are still open, but they are slowly closing.

"DON'T LEAVE ME CASEY. JUST HOLD ON. PLEASE," I cry, and all Luxembourg does is smile.

"I guess you're next," He snarls, walking over and holding the gun to my head.

"You are a sick person. You hear me. Why are you doing this? Who is this helping?" I want so badly to run over to Casey, but if I don't do something quick, I'm going to end up just like her.

"Ah, you amuse me kid. See that's why I decided to kill you last. I knew it would be fun to watch you cry like a little girl," He smirks, snorting.

I am about to kill this man with my stone cold glare, but just as I am about to, a bullet flies through the glass doors at the entrance to the building and Luxembourg falls to the ground. The security guard that left before rushes in, immediately kneeling over Casey's limp body.

"She has a pulse, it's faint, but there. Are you okay?" He says, finding the place the bullet entered her body and pressing his hand onto her stomach to slow the bleeding.

I barely can form enough sounds to say yes, but the security guard nods anyway.

"Kid, call 911, and tell them to send an ambulance," He looks at me, still sitting on the floor in the exact same spot, Agent Luxembourg's body beside me.

My mind flashes back to the phone in my back pocket, "Already did."

"Kid you know you can't telepathically call the police right?"

I take the phone, still on the line, out and show it to the guard.

"Smart, kid. Now get over here and apply pressure to her wound," He nods, and I shakily get up and stumble over to my girlfriend's lifeless body.

On the other end of the line, I can hear an operator calling out, so I place the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Sir, are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, but my girlfriend... She..."

"Help is on the way, sir if you could stay on the line until help arrives, that would help both of us don't you think?"

"Yeah," I whisper.

"Kid I got it," The security guard takes the phone, speaking rapidly to the operator. I quickly tune them out and turn my attention back to Casey.

I press my hand firmly on her blood soaked abdomen. The security guard gets up, wipes his bloody hands on his pants and checks the pulse on Luxembourg. There must not have been one, because he gets back up and joins me and Casey.

I hear sirens outside, but don't look up. My eyes are fixated on her face. Her expression is calm, lifeless. Her hair is done perfectly into bouncy curls that frame her perfect face. Her chest moves up and down in a slow, steady rhythm. Tears fall down my face once again, falling onto her chest.

I hear the paramedics telling me that they need me to move, but I'm frozen in place. Finally, the security guard pulls me away from her, dragging me like a child across the room so the paramedics and police can do their jobs.

And nothing prepared me for the heartbreak that arrived with my next words, "This is all my fault."

To be continued...