Chapter 8- The Hooky Players

"Does this top make me look tanner?" Courtney says, twirling around to face me. She had on a fiery red tank top with yellow beading along the neckline.

"No, but those pants make your butt look good."

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" Della squeals. She walks over to Courtney, turning her to face the mirror.

"Ooh, you're right!" Courtney agrees, running back into the changing room. A minute later she reappears wearing the same gray jeans, but now with a baby blue tunic that shows off her cleavage.

"I think you would get in trouble for wearing that," Della says.

"That's exactly why I am going to buy it!" Courtney agrees. "Maybe it will finally be enough to to get my dad to stop ogling over his 20 year old fiancé and actually pay attention to me for once."

Courtney has her own family issues. 2 years ago, after her mom died, he got together with some really young girl. They have been together ever since. And now, they are engaged. Courtney is an only child, so she has to go through it all alone.

Della has her sister, and court to worry about. And I have the fact that I barely even know my parents. My parents are workaholics. My dad, the CEO of a big shot company; and my mom, the editor of one of the most high end magazines. Cheralee is one of the top selling magazines in the country. Most rich kids have mommy and daddy problems, you would be surprised. I'm just lucky I have my brother and sister to keep me sane.

"Courtney, you don't need to buy that just to get your dad to pay attention to you. He will, he is just really busy right now," I say, attempting to talk her out of buying the $130 top that would look better on a tween girl.

Courtney snorts sarcastically. "Yeah, as busy as having a wedding planner to plan everything out. As busy as taking a two week cruise to the Bahamas and leaving me behind with microwave meals and a note that says 'Be back soon, Sweetie. Money for the next two weeks is on your bed'. Yeah. He's busy."

"How old is your dad anyway?" Della asks.

"Forty-three," Courtney sighs, tossing the shirt she was going to buy back on the shelf.

"I feel bad for him. Once he realizes that she just wants his money he will be devastated," I say, stopping to look at some glitter flats.

"That's just it- They look at each other like lost puppy dogs. You should see them when they are alone. It's all mushy gushy disgusting love," Courtney says, cringing.

"Why have a sugar daddy if you can't reap the benefits?" Della jokes. I hold back a laugh, and Courtney looks less than amused.

We start to walk out of the store when I get a call on my phone.

"Who is it?" Della says.

"It says it's a private number. No caller I.D.."

"Answer it."

I carefully click the accept button and put the cell to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Casey? That you?" A male voice comes over. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Dad? What the heck? You had me scared some kind of serial killer was calling me!"

I mouth to the girls that it is my father.

"I am calling from my work phone. Casey Jennifer Carson. Where are you?" He asks angrily.

"At school, why?" I say casually.

"Because I just got a call from your principal saying you didn't show up to your last class."

"What?" I say, pretending to act confused.

"I don't believe that for a single second. Where are you? I had to leave an extremely important meeting to answer the call from your school. When you get home we are having a very serious discussion young lady!"

"But dad-" I whine.

"No buts! I want you home. Now. That's final. If you are not home in the next half hour, I won't let you go to homecoming. I called Camille and had her start a timer,"And with that, he hung up, leaving me angry. Camille is our maid.

"I have to go guys. My dad found out about me skipping." I say.

"But you're my ride! Just stay for a little bit longer. Eat lunch, then leave," Della suggests.

"I really can't. Camille set a timer. Can't you call your dad's driver to pick you up?" I ask Courtney.

"Yeah, I'll call Steven. Well, good luck with your dad!" Courtney shrugs. Della hugs me goodbye. And with that I half run out to my car.
....................

Thanks so much for reading! New chapters coming soon!

Don't forget to favorite and comment :)