Chapter 1- Dear Brett

Dear Brett,

I really, really need your help. I found your ad in the newspaper (Who knew they even still made those!). I hope you don't mind I am sending you a letter instead of an email. My parents have software that save my emails and texts. If they saw this- they would freak. I figured mail would be best.

Hi, my name is Casey. I go to a school for really smart kids- except for one problem. Half of us aren't smart. Okay maybe more like most of us. Crumberlin Private High School sure has everyone fooled.

I, unfortunately, am one of the ones who isn't smart. I fake my grades, cheat on worksheets, and you get the point right?

I really need some help out in the real world. I don't want to be like this forever. I mean, it has come to the point where someone has made up a fake report card and we can type in what we would like our grades to be and bam-you're smart!

I need a tutor to help me study for important exams like the ACT and the SAT that you can't exactly cheat on. That's where you come in.

If you agree, I will pay you $1,000 in cash. Please mail me back at this address. Just don't make the envelope all noticeable so my parents aren't tempted to look inside.

Sincerely,

Casey Carson