Chapter 12 - Samael

Aurora is quiet for a moment after Adelaide and I reveal the current threat looming over her father and his kingdom. She's never met the man, but I can tell she's curious about him.

She suddenly turns to Adelaide with an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm so sorry Adelaide" she says quickly, "I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry I pushed you. He looked away from me and I just- I-I lost it." She looks at Adelaide with worry, but Adelaide just smiles at her warmly.

"Nonsense,"she says airly. "I should've just let it play out without trying to get involved. Though, I couldn't simply let you two continue to defile my home."

Aurora's cheeks flush with embarrassment again, but she doesn't seem ashamed, in fact, she leans into me further, and I wrap an arm around her shoulders. My eyes find Adrian, who glares at me from next to the fire. If he didn't just help my queen and bring her to me, he'd be fired right now. Fuck, I might just fire him for the way he is staring at me and Aurora.

"Have something to say Adrian?" I ask him, tightening my hold on Aurora.

"No, your highness," he replies stiffly. "I'm just a little confused."

Dimitri looks at Adrian and chuckles, "You haven't figured it out yet? Dude, I even realized what was happening." He laughs loudly, and looks from me to Aurora, "From a princess to a queen, damn, Aurora, you're growing up fast." I glare at him. Why is he even here? But then Aurora actually laughs at his words, and I decide he can stay.

Adrian's mouth opens slightly, "Queen..." he says softly, looking at Aurora, whose eyes are round in alarm, as if the thought hadn't occurred to her.

I give her shoulder a gentle squeeze and she turns to me. "I take it from our introduction, I'm your mate?" I ask her, knowing the obvious answer, but giving her the chance to back out if she wants to.

"Yes," she says, her wolf deepening her voice, making it sound more like a demand.

"Well then, you are my queen." My voice lowers as I speak and her breath hitches. She's slowly leaning closer to me, eyes fluttering and cheeks flushing with heat.

"Yes, I am your queen." She leans forward and whispers in my ear, "will you bow to me, my king?" Her voice is low and sultry, her wolf's presence adding a feral growl at the end.

I would take her right here in front of everyone, but I know the sexual euphoria she's feeling is just the high from the mate bond hitting her, and I'm not sure how she would feel about public sex once she comes down.

Dimitri clears his throat loudly and Aurora jumps. She's flush with embarrassment once again as she leans back. I chuckle quietly before standing up and offering her my hand.

When she places her hand in mine, I lean forward, bowing for the first time in my long life and raising her hand to my lips where I place a lingering kiss. "We're leaving," I announce to the room, "Adelaide, come to the castle tomorrow afternoon," I look at Aurora, "Would you like to have Adelaide to teach you about your magic?" I ask her.

She turns to Adelaide and smiles excitedly, "You'll help me?"

"I may as well. Can't have a queen with uncontrolled magic now, can we?" Adelaide mutters and Aurora pulls her from the sofa and envelops her in a hug.

"Thankyou for everything Adelaide." They each sniffle and hug each other tighter.

"Call me Addie my dear" Adelaide says warmly to Aurora, holding her at arm's length.

Aurora smiles wider and opens her mouth to answer but is interrupted by a loud gasp from Dimitri.

"When I tried calling you Addie, it was, "watch your tongue with me boy" but all of a sudden now anyone can call you that?" he says in disbelief.