Chapter 30 - Aurora

The woman at the desk does a double take as we step out of Adelaide's portal. Her jaw drops and she pushes her fiery red hair out of her face, "Holy shit, a void portal" she mutters, before rising from her chair and rushing over to greet us.

Samael reaches out his hand for her to shake, and clears his throat, "Coven Mother Solana said you would be expecting us."

The woman freezes with her hand outstretched; her eyes roam up Samael's body, which towers over her short frame. I watch her gulp nervously as she looks up at his face, "Y-yes, of course," she chuckles awkwardly, "don't usually see void portals here is all." She blushes deeply as she shakes his hand, her eyes glued to his muscular body.

Danika rears her head in jealousy, and I have to work to contain her growl; since shifting last night, she feels less like a voice in my head and more like a second presence that can easily take control of my body.

"She's allowed to look at him," I mutter to her.

"Look at the heat in her face!" she hisses at me, "She wants him!"

I study the woman speaking with my mate; she's pretty, in a really cute way. Freckles dot her entire face, she has bright red hair, which is barely held up in a messy bun at the top of her head, with various strands hanging in her face, and her pale orange eyes are wide as she takes in Samael. "She doesn't exactly look like she wants him, she mostly just seems intimidated by him." I stare at my mate, "I don't sense any attraction from him..." All I can sense is that same dull sadness from earlier.

Danika growls in annoyance but settles down and I tune in to the conversation in front of me, "Name's Tilly, give me a moment and I'll alert Miss Annora of your arrival."

She rushes to the back of the room where there are about a dozen fire portals open in front of the wall and sticks her head through one. There's a few moments of silence, then she reappears, quickly followed by two women; Soleil wraps me in a tight hug before pulling Dimitri in for a kiss, and Solana takes my hand in both of hers squeezing gently.

"It is wonderful to have you here Aurora," she says warmly. "Come, let me show you to your rooms."

I think she's going to take us through the double doors, but instead, she leads the way to one of the portals, stepping through it without hesitation. Soleil and Dimitri go after her, then me and Samael follow, with Adrian and Kieran trailing behind us.

We come out onto an outdoor walkway between two large buildings, "The guest rooms are just through here," Solana informs us, walking towards a set of heavy doors, guarded by two men on either side. Once we pass them, we end up in a brightly lit lobby with corridors branching off in every direction.

"Soleil, show Dimitri, Adrian, and Kieran to their rooms please," Solana says.

"Of course," Soleil begins to lead the guys away when Samael speaks.

"Soleil, bring them to our room once they get settled." She smiles at him and nods.

Samael and I follow Solana down one of the corridors on the left, we end up climbing several flights of stairs, and I'm relieved not to feel winded afterwards.

"Ok, here we are!" Solana exclaims happily, stopping in front of elaborate, white double doors. "This is our finest guest room; I hope you enjoy your night here."

"I'm sure it will be perfect," I say, "Thank you for letting us stay here on such short notice."

"It is no problem, my dear." She looks at me, and, while I'm glad she has not brought up my mother, I can tell she wants to. "Please, join me and Soleil for breakfast in the morning before you leave?"