Chapter 40 - Aurora

"Baby, would you come here please?"

Samael joins my side, immediately snaking his arm around my waist as if he has been dying to touch me this whole time. I look up at him with a warm smile, "I think you deserve a moment with the man who enjoyed what was rightfully yours." I turn back to Gregory, who stares at me pleadingly, and smirk at him.

"As you know, this is Samael Dema, the Vampire King. He's my mate, the person created just for me by the Moon Goddess, Selene. Can you believe that daddy? A king, who worships the ground I walk on."

I trail my fingers along my mark on Samael's neck, "See this, it's a werewolf's mark, this let's Samael feel everything I feel, which can be both a blessing and a burden, because he feels my rage and my pain from the things I went through here, the things you put me through."

"My king," I place a kiss on Samael's cheek, "take what you want from him, just keep him alive for me."

"I thought you wanted me to only drink from you?" He asks in surprise.

"Oh I'll make an exception if it causes pain to those I hate. Gorge yourself if you like, though I can't promise he won't taste rotten."

Samael snickers, "Such a gracious queen," he teases me, then, without warning he sinks his fangs into Gregory's throat, his claws gripping his shoulders tightly.

Gregory howls in agony, the sound becoming a whimper as Samael gulps his blood roughly. Watching him feed on someone else makes me realize how gentle he really is when he drinks from me, because the brutal way he feeds on Gregory looks horrifying. His struggles are useless, and soon become subtle twitches as the blood loss starts to affect him.

Samael finishes drinking his fill, but keeps his claws embedded in Gregory's shoulders, pushing them deeper and deeper in.

I take out my dagger, slicing a small nick on my neck, "Something to wash it down with," I say, tilting my head to the side, giving him full access to my throat.

Samael tears his claws from Gregory and walks back to me, taking my face in his hand delicately, and licking the blood bubbling from the cut I made.

"You taste divine as always, my queen." He places a bloody kiss on my lips, before returning to his seat, giving me back control of the situation.

I pick up the skinning knife and stand in front of Gregory, "Petra's still out, so it looks like it's just you and me," I trail the blade from his jawline, down to his navel, pausing there for added anticipation. His lips quiver with fear and beads of sweat roll down the sides of his face, mixing with the blood, spit, and vomit.

I smile at him, "I just have to say, this is quite satisfying."

"W-why are you do-doing this?" he mutters pathetically, "just k-kill us, why drag it out like this?"

"You just don't fucking get it do you?" My voice rises, and I grab a hold of his jaw again, "You did this to me! I went crazy in that dungeon! It was always dark, always cold, always damp, and I was always hungry. So fucking hungry!"

Tears form in my eyes, but I blink them away, "All I had were my thoughts, and you can only imagine how dark they were. So I distracted myself with something else. I got creative, and I made a list. A list of the people I wanted to kill.

I slowly begin to move the knife lower, but he's so caught up in my story, he doesn't seem to notice. "Doctor Maddox and Judge Theodoric have been crossed off. I was going to do them separately, I even planned on leaving you clues about it, but circumstances being what they are, I had to double them up. They're dead now, I killed them both last night."