Chapter 39 - Aurora

I smile back at him, my heart fluttering at his presence. Things really are better with him close to me; everything is more vivid, even my body feels more alive now that he is here. Then I remember the reason he left, "how is Inez?"

Samael sits in the armchair next to me, he doesn't even spare Petra a glance, his eyes stay focused on me, but she doesn't look away from him once. I notice how she tries to fold her naked body in on itself, like she is trying to hide. I used to do the exact same thing when I was in her position, only my audience was usually much larger.

Samael relaxes into the cushions, "she's fine. Actually I have a feeling she's going to drive the guys crazy. She doesn't shut up."

I laugh, "That's good, maybe she'll help Kieran lighten up a bit, he's always so serious..." hazy memories from last night flow to the forefront of my mind; clinking glasses with the guys, downing shots, Kieran actually smiling, and even telling jokes, "...except after numerous bottles of whiskey apparently."

Samael opens his mouth to reply, but we are both distracted by Petra's sudden muffled yells through the ball gag. I glare at her as she tries to say something, and her eyes plead with mine.

"What?" I demand, removing the ball, and avoiding the mouthful of blood, saliva, and tears she spits out before she can talk.

She takes a deep breath, "please, can I just..." she looks at Samael nervously, "Please, just let me at least have my robe on. It's just right there, hung on the door, please?"

"Oh, are you embarrassed to be naked in front of a strange man? Does it make you feel uncomfortable to be so exposed and vulnerable? Do you feel ashamed?" she nods, squeezing her eyes tightly as more tears spill from them.

I lean forward, getting closer to her face, "Did you ever let me put my clothes back on, or wear a robe? Did I ever get that luxury?"

Her breath catches, and she stares at me in horror. I smirk at her, "I could take it further, you know. I could have him come over here and caress every inch of your body. He could make you feel things you can't even imagine. Better than Gregory, better than you. You'd have more orgasms tonight than you've ever had in your life."

She grits her teeth as I make a deeper slice across her stomach, and watch the blood seep out. "When you raped me over and over again, did you ever stop to wonder how it would feel if it was you? If you were the one who was beaten and used up?"

She shakes her head, having the decency to look ashamed, "I didn't think so." I circle her again, this time extending my claws and trailing them along her skin. "I could have him fuck you, take you the way I know you like it." I lower my voice with a giggle, "and just between us girls, he really is a god with that dick."

Her pupils dilate with fear, more than she has shown yet, and I know the feeling; being threatened with rape is worse than getting sliced open over and over again with a blade. The fear of having your body completely violated like that is stronger than anything I have ever experienced.

I sneer at her, "I'm not a monster like you Petra. If he fucks anyone today, it will be me."

Samael continues to glare at her, but I know he would never actually go through with something like that, even if I asked him to. Relief dawns on Petra's face, which angers me more than it should, "Just because I'm not going to have him rape you, doesn't mean you're not going to suffer before you die."

"Y-you're going to k-kill me?" she whispers, defeated.

"Very painfully," I say with a nod.

"And G-Greg?"

My eyes stray to the hook only about half a meter away from hers, and she takes a shaky breath, "He'll be home soon," she informs me.

"I know," I caress her cut cheek, "I can't wait for him to join us."