Chapter 13 - Aurora

Since Samael Dema walked through Adelaide's door I've been completely and utterly obsessed with him. His voice, his eyes, his face, even the way he holds himself, it all affects me so intensely.

I knew the mate bond would be strong, but I didn't expect to be so impassioned I would attack him like that in front of people. I was so caught up in the bliss, I would have let him take me in Adelaide's hallway. I also never expected to let him distract me from my plans so easily and bring me back to his fucking castle.

"We're strong, so the mate bond is strong. But every wolf feels this type of euphoria when they find their mate, it'll calm down soon," Danika says to me, and I'm grateful I have her, because I thought I was going crazy.

The only person I've ever consensually been with was Atwood, and that was almost three years ago. I don't count the few nights I willingly spent with Gregory and Petra. According to the Emberi Empire's laws, they owned me, so it's not like consent was ever even considered. They raped me every other night, sometimes even inviting people to watch. But when no one else was around, they knew exactly what to say and do to make me feel vulnerable... and even loved at times.

They fucked with my head and my body for over a year before leaving me to rot in a dungeon for another year. I'm scarred, malnourished, and I can't imagine I'm very desirable right now. But the way Samael kisses me fills me with such a pleasurable warmth I can't help but melt into it, blocking out my past and all my insecurities.

"He will take care of us Aurora, he won't judge the things you've had to do to survive. You can tell him what I know you're afraid to say. I know you're scared he'll reject you as his queen when he finds out, but I promise you, he won't. He was made for us, Aurora, let him prove it." Danika's words send reality crashing down on me, but she's right. I have to tell him everything.

I pull away from Samael, "Is it ok if we take a bath?" I ask him. Perhaps the hot water will ease my nerves and make it easier to say what I need to say.

"Of course, my queen." I squeal in surprise as he scoops me up and speeds through one of the doors on the left side of the room and into a giant bathroom.

The marble floors and stone walls are covered by various plants and greenery, giving the room a lush softness, and when Samael turns the taps, the sound of water only adds to the effect, making it feel like we are pond side in a secluded meadow.

After a surprisingly short amount of time – considering how big the bathing pool is – the water is shut off and the air around me is disturbed as Samael appears behind me. Goddess, he's fast.

My breath hitches as his hands slide to the hem of my shirt. His voice whispers in my ear, spreading goosebumps across the back of my neck, "I'm going to remove this awful prison uniform, and you will never wear it again."

"Ok," I breathe out, trying to calm my racing heart as I feel him lifting my shirt. I raise my arms and let him remove it from my body. He tosses it to the floor, and his hands caress my bare skin, squeezing my waist, sliding up my ribcage and over my bra. One hand stays there, holding my breasts in a firm grip, the other tilts my face towards him, allowing his lips to move across my jawline, pausing to leave a kiss just below my ear that sends shivers down my spine. He makes his way down the side of my neck, stopping right above my collar bone and sucking lightly on the skin there. I let out a groan and my body automatically pushes back into him.

His voice is in my ear low and thick with desire, "My queen, you've been treated unfairly for so long; left to rot away in a dungeon cell." He tuts as if disappointed, then whispers in my ear, "Let your king show you how a queen deserves to be treated."

I nod silently and he continues undressing me until I'm fully exposed in front of him. My body seems to quiver with anticipation as he circles me, his dark eyes piercing into my own mismatched ones, and I expect him to kiss me, but instead let out a squeal when he uses his speed to pick me up.